Windows 10: Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

Discus and support Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People Lowell Heddings 11 Feb 2015 The latest trend in the awful Windows ecosystem is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slartybart, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People
    Lowell Heddings
    11 Feb 2015

Only download software from reputable websites !!Author (Xplode) site: ToolsLib
    Bleeping computer: AdwCleaner Download
    Major Geeks: Download AdwCleaner - MajorGeeks
    FileHippo: Download AdwCleaner 4.112 - FileHippo.com

:)

Slartybart, Mar 16, 2015
  2. RickCP Win User
    RickCP, Mar 16, 2015
  3. telephone calls from companies claiming to be from Microsoft

Richard,

It is a SCAM!!!

quietman7 - MVP replied on January 27, 2017

Tech Support Scamming through
    unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails
    (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising"your computer is infected with malware". The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages,
    fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware found on your computer,

fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem.

The scammer may claim to be affiliated with Microsoft or
    Windows Support
    . However, there have been reports of scammers claiming to be affiliated with major computer manufacturers such as
    Hewlett Packard, Lenovo and Dell, familiar security vendors like
    Symantec, Panda, McAfee, etc. and even popular
    ISPs.

Microsoft does not contact users via web page messages, phone or email and instruct them to call tech support to fix your computer.

`~`

If you did hand over any credit card info, I'd recommend that you let your bank know that you got scammed via a fake 'Microsoft Tech Support' scam. You should contact your bank immediately and stop payment.

You may need to perform security scans with
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    AdwCleaner
    and
    JRT (Junkware Removal Tool)

And/Or

Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up virus (Call For Support – Scam)

<<Remove Tech Support Scam Pop-up Virus (Call For Support Scam)>>

And/Or

How to remove PCTechHotline virus (Removal Guide)

<<How to remove PCTechHotline virus (Removal Guide)>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

Thanks for the heads up. *Smile

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  5. There are too many, legitimate, products on the market, and some are FREE, to even be enticed by something like ADWCleaner.

To get rid of Spyware, Adware, PUPs and Tracking Cookies, Super Anti-Spyware free is hard to beat.

Cheers Mate!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 21, 2015
  6. For some reason the folks who do bad things decided to create a very good knockoff to do even more bad things. If they wrote a knock off of SAS, I wouldn't infer that SAS was not a legitimate product. Both SAS and AdwCleaner are very good products.

Just to be clear ... AdwCleaner is a well respected and legitimate product.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

1. Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions - Similar Threads - Fake AdwCleaner removal

2. How to remove fake Google Reviews

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove fake Google Reviews: [IMG]Before going to a certain place, be it a shopping complex or a restaurant, I look for its reviews on Google. And on more than one occasion, I have been disappointed due to my high expectation. This raises the question of who to believe and who to not. In this post, we...
  3. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  4. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this fake mail ,,, why no action taken from last 2 years i got this mail today in hindi language what security is this,, आपको यह ईमेल इसलिए प्राप्त हुआ है, क्योंकि हम Microsoft सेवा अनुबंध को अद्यतन कर रहे हैं, जो आपके...
  5. AdwCleaner Scan Result?

AdwCleaner Scan Result?: I just upgraded to the latest version of AdWCleaner and all my PCs give the detection shown below whereas they scanned clean a few days ago. What's the detection due to? [img] 152053
  6. is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.

is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.: Hello. I recently noticed that Malwarebytes obtained ADWcleaner is it included now in Malwarebytes premium which I have running on my PC or do I still need to run it separately? Thanks 93915
  7. AdwCleaner Version Update

AdwCleaner Version Update: [img] Malwarebytes | AdwCleaner Version: v7.1.0.0 12 April 2018 [img] [img] [img] Information The meaning of the settings: [EN] - AdwCleaner documentation - Pages - Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib Reset Proxy Remove every proxies. Winsock...
  8. Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's

Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's: Finding IE 11 somewhat sluggish, I ran the Adwcleaner. It found 6 pup's, but when I clicked on clean, it stalled and I had to use the task manager to stop the process. see attached [img] [img] AdwCleaner[S16].txtfiles. 94814
  9. AdwCleaner Results - Chrome

AdwCleaner Results - Chrome: [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-] [C:\Users\tripn\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com'][C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-]...
  10. Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive: I received a false positive for C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Tap0901.sys today, checked on Totalvirus and confirmed as ok. Detection ratio: 0/60 Mike 79067