Windows 10: Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

Discus and support Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Fall Creator edition is definitely on my machine. All the new elements I'm aware of are there, (including the new folder protection, see separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by terryBernstein, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

Fall Creator edition is definitely on my machine. All the new elements I'm aware of are there, (including the new folder protection, see separate thread) it says version 1709 in the settings But Windows Update is still trying to install it. It downloads, then comes up with the message;
    There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4041994) - Error 0x80070643

I've tried; deleting the install folder- no help, reverting to previous version and starting again - problem comes back, running the install problem solver- did nothing except to tell me it needed to install updates.

I can just ignore this, of course, but I worry about future updates.

. (Win 10 Home, SSD Dell laptop less than three months old, i7).

:)

terryBernstein, Oct 24, 2017
  2. lax01 Win User

Windows 10 start button not working

It means log out and log back in...will restart Windows services.

I honestly don't know how this is still a problem that Microsoft hasn't fixed in Falls Creator edition. Seems like a flaw in pretty basic functionality.

lax01, Oct 24, 2017
  3. greenfid Win User
    KB4038788 Blue Screen on awaking from Sleep

I just tried installing the Fall Creator Edition. It has the same issue of the BSOD on waking from sleep and there is no monthly update to block/uninstall so I have now had to block the Fall Creator Edition .

greenfid, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

Caledon Ken, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Hi Ken (like the new avatar)

@terryBernstein, are you now, or have you ever been an Insider? The reason I ask is because that particular Update was issued over a month ago for the Insider-only os build 16294.1. It is not available or applicable for the release version of Fall Creators Update v. 1709, os build 16299.15.
    KB4041994 Update for Windows 10 version 1709

Please run Winver and post a screenshot so we can tell exactly what version you have on your system.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

6. davidhk Win User
    I am running Win 10 Home, version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

My Update History includes KB4041994

Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 25, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Mine doesn't, but apparently...
    KB4041994 Update for Windows 10 version 1709 (post #11)

8. davidhk Win User

Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

So that particular update is not only for insiders.

davidhk, Oct 25, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    The only entry for that KB in the News Forum is from September when it was an update for a previous Insider build - no further news since then, hence my question. It would appear it passed the tests and is mainstream now.

10. I've never done the "insider" bit. But.. After it did this the first time and the various measures hadn't worked and then I returned the computer to the previous version it refused to admit that there was a newer version of Windows. I assumed that when you return to a previous version it doesn't try to set up the later version again. I went to the MS website and started the install from that. Maybe it does something like loading a subtly different version. Either way the result was the same both times, it still thinks it needs to install a version (Fall ) that has been installed already and is already there. As above. In effect, nothing had changed, so I assume there is something on my computer that it doesn't like.

terryBernstein, Oct 25, 2017
  11. Version 1709 Build 16299.19 By the way.

12. Thanks on the Avatar Bree, wanted to get into the Halloween spirit.

Terry, did you run the Windows Update reset?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 25, 2017
  13. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

I ran the reset. Then I looked at the winupdate. And at first it said that there are no updates, so I thought it was a result. But then I ran the check now, and sadly, it was back.
    One thing, as the reset script was running I'd swear it ran an error saying something or other wouldn't delete. But it flashed past and then vanished as the programme closed.

14. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed [​IMG]
    Where it says "some updates" I do wonder if maybe there's just one or so things that couldn't be included in the installation. Since most of it seems to be in place.

15. Caledon Ken, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed

1. Fall Creator edition thinks it hasn't installed - Similar Threads - Fall Creator edition

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update: My computer has been trying to install this update for over a week. Each time I get this error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0x80070057" I have tried everything I can find on the net to counter this error message. My question is,...
  4. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  5. Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition: I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and warns me that "YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION"... It won't let me install anything...I...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  9. Fall Creators Update fails to install

Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....