Windows 10: Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

Discus and support Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Site for Files on Demand shows it may not working with some 3rd party antivirus, but wondering which ones, the folder size is the same as it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

The Site for Files on Demand shows it may not working with some 3rd party antivirus, but wondering which ones, the folder size is the same as it was before I enabled Files on Demand, selected some to keep on Device, and some to save space on my Desktop here

Using Currently Avast Antivirus 17.7, (some reason i absent mindly reinstall it on clean installs, can't really explain why, but always seems to happen lol)

Nevermind just checked it again and it is indeed working right!! yay!

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 18, 2017

2. Random Stop WIndows 10 Fall update

I am not surprised as 3rd party antivirus seems to the leading cause of issues with Windows 10. They seem to have all sorts of incompatibilities and cause system corruption.

Windows Defender is a full antivirus and the new Fall Creators Update added Exploit and Controlled Folders. It offers both excellent protection and compatibility.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 18, 2017
  3. dlwmusic Win User
    SyncToy backup failures on Windows 10 computer

I started having this problem when the OneDrive Files On Demand feature was rolled out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. When I changed my settings from the "Choose Files to Sync selection" to the "Files On Demand selection", I began having the
    same issues when using SyncToy. I deselected the "Files On Demand" option, and everything works fine. So it seems the problem is (possibly) with the Files On Demand option.

dlwmusic, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

1. Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Files

2. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  3. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  4. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  5. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus: Hi I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now. I didn't do anything special with the pc, only restarts the pc and the issue started. At the beginning the pc run into safe mode...
  6. 3rd party antivirus software

3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  7. System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus: Hi All Recently did a clean install, possibly stupidly put back Avast, not sure yet, reliability history shows after clean install on the 19th, warnings and errors, Mostly Microsoft Edge cp, stopped working, Windows background playback at times, SL voice.exe, Windows not...
  8. Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.: That is what is going on. No option under Onedrive settings either. Henry 95685
  9. Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update: According to this article, MS are claiming Files on Demand is being introduced in a staggered rollout. Frankly, (imo) this has a strong bodily odour and they are not admitting they screwed up. Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in the Fall Creators Update...
  10. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324