Windows 10: Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal

Discus and support Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i've just installed the Fall Creators Update, and the Powershell command that I used before to remove the Get Help app isn't working anymore:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JPond, Oct 16, 2017.

1. JPond Win User

Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal

So i've just installed the Fall Creators Update, and the Powershell command that I used before to remove the Get Help app isn't working anymore:

Remove-WindowsCapability -online -name App.Support.ContactSupport~~~~0.0.1.0

I suspect they might of renamed it, but I tried The above replacing ContactSupport with GetHelp and it did nothing as well. Though the app does not appear under Optional Features to remove like it did under Creators (though Quick Assist still does.)

Anyone got any ideas?

Never mind its listed as an app now. The above wount work but:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GetHelp | Remove-AppxPackage

Works in Powershell.

:)

JPond, Oct 16, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

Where is Story Remix?

Hello,

As mentioned by Andre Da Costa, it is built into the
    Photos
    app in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. This feature is firstly introduced in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. With that, you may have to upgrade or update to that version of Windows 10 to be able to access the app. If you are still in a previous
    version of Windows 10, you may get the Fall Creators Update through Windows Update, or by manually installing the update to your computer. For information on how to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, kindly check this
    link.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Oct 16, 2017
  3. HeatherY. Win User
    HeatherY., Oct 16, 2017
  4. CreParPri Win User

thank you!!!!!

i was really hoping i didnt have to leave it in the start menu and explain to my users that the app doesnt go to the help desk lol

i posted on reddit this morning asking for help with this...i’ll link back here to close the loop!

CreParPri, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?: Today I tried to run halo infinite but it gave me a message along the lines of Incompatible OS version. Update fall creators update (1709) or higher. So I look up how to update windows to the latest version so I follow the steps but I already have the latest version then I go...
  3. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  4. Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Fall Creators Update Causes BSODs.: The Fall Creators Update has been stuck for me for months. I finally figured out how to get it to install. Before I did that, I updated my video drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem. Installation went fine. It rebooted at the end of installation, which also went fine. It...
  5. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update: Good Day All I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so doing windows movie maker as well, is this true? and what else will be removed. I have finally got some sort of handle on...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....