Windows 10: Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue

Discus and support Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, first post on here. My problem is the Fall Creators Update seems to have an issue with colour calibration - I have quite an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scirocco, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Scirocco Win User

Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue

Hello folks, first post on here.

My problem is the Fall Creators Update seems to have an issue with colour calibration - I have quite an old calibration tool by modern standards which is a Pantone Huey Pro, but it's worked perfectly from Windows 7 until the FC Update. Now the ICC profile won't stick and the screen is very bright with a magenta cast. I see other people are having problems with colour calibration with this update.

I've gone into Task Scheduler and tried disabling the Calibration Loader in 'Windows Colour System', then gone through the calibration procedure again as other forum posts have suggested, and all looks good until the moment comes to save the profile and exit the calibration procedure, then Windows reverts to the bright screen with magenta cast and loses the calibrated settings.

I'm a photographer so I'll need to get this sorted otherwise I can't accurately edit my photos. I've previously rolled back Windows but within days the FC Update forcibly installs again. Very frustrating!

Can anyone help me please?

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake
    16.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz
    Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z270P-D3-CF (U3E1)
    Ilyama PL2377 Monitor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)

:)

Scirocco, Mar 14, 2018

2. Touch Screen Calibration software not working

Thankyou for the speedy response. The colour calibration did not solve the touch screen calibration issues and reinstalling drivers and updating did nothing either.

DanielHawkins1, Mar 14, 2018
  3. vidyutx Win User
    Nokia C7 Symbian Anna experience

someone help!

After anna update mu c7 started showing purple tint issue.

How to correct the colour calibration of screen,in light black areas colour get brown and pixelated.

vidyutx, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

I'd first uninstall then reinstall the calibration software.

Steve C, Mar 14, 2018
  5. Scirocco Win User
    Thanks Steve.

Although that didn't fix it, I've been able to solve it by going to Colour Management in Control Panel, Advanced, Change System Defaults, Advanced, and ticking 'Use Windows display calibration'.

Scirocco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  4. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  5. Fall Creators Update Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Causing Issues: I recently installed the new Fall Creators Update, and right after, I have been having some weird issues that I'm not happy about, and quite frankly, I want to uninstall the update because of it. 1) My EasyMail for Gmail app stopped giving me notifications for new mail....
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....