Windows 10: Fall Creators Update Doesn't Log Out

Discus and support Fall Creators Update Doesn't Log Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update a few days ago and I have noticed an annoying problem. When a user on my system shuts down or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rjz, Oct 21, 2017.

1. RJZ
    rjz Win User

Fall Creators Update Doesn't Log Out

I upgraded to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update a few days ago and I have noticed an annoying problem. When a user on my system shuts down or restarts, the system appears to do what it is supposed to do and shuts down or restarts. However, if another person then turns the computer on and logs in, the original person will still be signed in in the background. So when the second person tries to shutdown or log out he/she will get a warning that someone is still logged in. Is this a new feature with the Fall Creators Update? How can I turn it off so that when someone shuts down or restarts, they will actually get signed out and not still be signed in in the background?

:)

2. Windows creator fall, I get this error code 0x8007001f.

I try to install windows creator fall update, but I get this error 0x8007001f. why? and doesn't complete this update

[Original title: windows creator fall, I get this error code 0x8007001f.]

GuillermoRamirez Cortez, Oct 21, 2017
  3. 51ajd Win User
    Anniversary and Creators Update ISO

Now that the Fall Creators Update is out where do I find the ISO for the Creators and Anniversary Updates?

All previous download pages now lead me to Fall Creators Update only which I do not want yet. Thx

51ajd, Oct 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 21, 2017
  5. RJZ
    rjz Win User
    So, from what I can tell, there is nothing that I can do besides getting everyone to sign out before shutting down.

6. dalchina New Member
    From a quick skim a week back I recall #70? There may be another idea there..

As I don't yet use the FCU- and I'm holding back for a couple of good reasons- I've not seen this for myself.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2017
  7. RJZ
    rjz Win User
    I finally found the solution to this problem from Users not signed out on shutdown or restart - Fall Creators Update - Microsoft Community

*Arrow Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

"Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in Options. Scroll to the bottom until you reach the Privacy section and UNSELECT the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart." Do this for EVERY account on your PC."

8. Bree New Member

That may be related, but it's not the whole story. The alternative ways to shut down given in that thread (such as Alt+F4) do log out all users though.

A very few systems seem to have this specific problem that a shutdown and restart leaves other users signed besides the one who did the shutdown. This thread, for example...
    Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc"
    ...has a problem that I cannot reproduce on my Fall Creators system, whatever I try.

If that worked for you, good. But it doesn't always seem to work - it didn't seem to on the thread I gave above. And I don't have that problem despite having that setting turned on for all accounts. A strange bug that only seems to afflict a few systems. I wonder if the next cumulative update will include a fix?

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fall Creators Update Doesn't Log Out - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  4. Fall creators update not initializing(?)

Fall creators update not initializing(?): So when i booted my pc this morning, i was greeted with the "hello" screen of the windows update. But then it just stops fading in and giving me black screens amd half-faded in sentences. I decided to give it a while, but after 4 hours it hasn't gotten a step further. The...
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  9. Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart

Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart: ...and a dialog box pops up saying "Windows 10 installation has failed". Upgrading via the MCT on a 1703 PC. 95860
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....