Windows 10: Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] The latest data from AdDuplex shows that the Fall Creators Update is deployed to over 5 percent of Windows 10 PCs, a far more aggressive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs

Read more: Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs - Thurrott.com

Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs [​IMG]
    Tip How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

:)

Brink, Oct 25, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 update?

I hate to bring this up ...

Ars Technica is reporting
    that the Fall Creators Update is installed on 85% of Windows 10 PCs. Since updates are cumulative, that means fully 85% of Windows 10 PCs are completely up to date, which means you and your fellow posters are part of an increasingly
    smaller minority who can't figure out how to make Windows 10 work. It's time for you to join the rest of us.

BulldogXX, Oct 25, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Why is no one taking action against microsoft illegal conduct of breaking and entering our computers?

Ars Technica is reporting that the Fall Creators Update is now on 85% of Windows 10 PCs. And since updates are
    cumulative, that means 85% of Windows PCs are running the latest version of Windows.

There will always be some people who just don't 'get it' and there's only so much anyone can do to make them understand. After a while, you just have to throw up your hands and move on.

BulldogXX, Oct 25, 2017
  4. miqbaln Win User

I think this 1709 is far better than 1703, 1703 so buggy, boot so slow.

something I don't like in 1709, that I need to delete create user via administrator to get started menu work properly.

Start menu item can't be unpinned, it always keep going back after unpinned.

Edge browser keep showing blank when startup page (msn/bing whatever) .. unless I change my startup home to google

miqbaln, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    What's the overall distribution of Windows users and how many are still using Windows 7 or Windows XP?

Steve C, Oct 26, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Such statistics are meaningless. XP users are mostly people using very old pcs (predominantly 3rd world countries).

Windows 7 stats are heavily distorted by the corporate market which has much less incentive to upgrade but they are starting to move over now.

In the domestic market, Windows 10 must take over from Windows 7 (figures I have seen indicate it probably has now) as all new pcs are Windows 10. As pcs die, and new generations come along, Windows 10 will surely overtake. It is inevitable.

cereberus, Oct 26, 2017
  7. NetMarketShare's report at the start of October:
    Market Share October 2017 - W7 Down, Other Up

StatCounter and analytics.usa.gov have different numbers.

If you believe:
    • NetMarketShare - it will happen in early next year
    • StatCounter - it will happen in the next couple of months

lehnerus2000, Oct 28, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Thanks for the stats at post 8. I thought Win 7 was still prevalent and I'm surprised how low the Windows 8 use is.

Steve C, Oct 28, 2017
  9. I'm not surprised Windows 8 numbers are so low. Most people I know avoided that. That metro interface was really off putting and I can't imagine any serious workplace would of appreciated that sort of GUI. To be honest, Windows 10 whilst being much better than 8 is not really the sort of OS most corporate environments would go for either. At my place of work and every office I visit they still run Windows 7. I know Windows 10 is unavoidable in the long run but I will always prefer Windows 7. The start menu was better, there was no edge and none of those annoying native UWP apps and no store. I'm not ever going to use classic shell or tamper with the apps etc as I don't want to cause problems in the future for updates but all of that stuff is better suited to a mobile phone, not a desktop machine. And of course Windows 7 didn't have those feature updates every 6 months which I feel most users don't want, nobody wants to dealing with a moving target so often.

Scottyboy99, Oct 29, 2017
  10. Agreed. *Smile

At my TAFE, most classrooms have W10 but some rooms still have W8 (no 3rd party add-ons).
    I find them very annoying to use even after 5 years.
    The Library has W7 PCs.

The IT people must have nightmares about keeping the machines running.
    They struggle to make the W10 PCs identical and getting software to run correctly.

lehnerus2000, Oct 30, 2017
  11. Hi,
    These large win-10 builds will always be disruptive and pretty much unpredictable as to what will happen after
    Not good for business environments
    Not really good for personal pc users either for that matter
    Who has an hour or more to waste waiting for a large build to download and install
    Then after if 10 has to roll back what damage will be done to the prior install is always a possibility

The fall update just started to download for me I had to quickly switch my update setting to builds for business thankfully that did delay it probably only temporarily though.
    What I thought would happen is with the creators update a link would appear asking if I wanted it
    That did not happen *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fall Creators Update is Already On Over 5 Percent of Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. windows creators fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows creators fall update: Hey.i was just wondering.how come I haven't got the new creators fall update???I went to download it manually but on the website there only is the creators original update 95658
  4. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  7. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  8. Fall Creators Update Hits Over 20 Percent of All Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Fall Creators Update Hits Over 20 Percent of All Windows 10 PCs: [img] The latest data shows that Microsoft is deploying the Fall Creators Update faster than its predecessor. The update is now available on over 20 percent of all Windows 10 PCs. This data, as always comes from AdDuplex. As you may recall, AdDuplex is the largest...
  9. 11 Windows PCs that light up the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    11 Windows PCs that light up the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Today, we’re sharing 11 awesome Windows 10 PCs from our partners – including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Samsung – that light up the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. The PCs we’re sharing today range in a variety of form factors and price points, so whether you’re an...
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....