Windows 10: Fall Creators Update makes wifi network driver useless

Discus and support Fall Creators Update makes wifi network driver useless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Archer TP-Link AC 1750 PCI-E dual band wireless adapter (less than 2 years old) and it has always worked with Windows 10, until now. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skcusime, Oct 17, 2017.

1. skcusime Win User

Fall Creators Update makes wifi network driver useless

I have an Archer TP-Link AC 1750 PCI-E dual band wireless adapter (less than 2 years old) and it has always worked with Windows 10, until now.
    I became aware of a potential problem with Insiders 16288 which was the first I installed that broke the wifi connection, and then and subsequent insider releases all had the dreaded yellow exclamation mark.

Fall Creators Update makes wifi network driver useless [​IMG]

I have been to the TP-Link web page and I have downloaded the latest drivers for windows 10, for this card and others, but with no success.
    I have uninstalled, removed the driver, reinstalled, tried windows update, tried the trouble shooter, tried various other TP-link drivers, and cannot find a driver that works.
    It seems odd that a so called Windows Update can break something that has always worked.
    Anybody got the same issue or any advice on a driver that may work?
    I'm now stuck with an ethernet cable running across the floor.
    I'm also reluctant to buy a new card as the one I'm using is "Windows 10 Compatible" but that was until yesterday.

:)

skcusime, Oct 17, 2017

2. Very slow boot up after installing Windows 10 Fall Update

What is the make and model of your computer?

You might need to update important drivers like your chipset, display driver, network and any other hardware you have attached to your computer.

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2017
  3. NikA63 Win User
    November Windows 10 Update Killed My Intel AC-3160 Wifi

I have many problem with my Intel 3160 since my Windows Fall Creators update (Lenovo Edge 550).

Very often, my wifi network becomes inactive : the wifi network was up, but the ping was down.

I am obliged to disconnect/connect my WiFi association (with the SSID) to fix the problem.

I uninstalled the wifi drivers, but it's the same.

I don't have problem with my other laptop (Win7).

NikA63, Oct 17, 2017
  4. hawkman Win User

Hi skcusime,

Couple more to try,
    1) from within W10 drivers
    Realtek semiconducter (2) >> Realtek RTL8812CE and 8822BE

2)
    Asus sell that Adapter, they have drivers but only up to W8!!

Roy

hawkman, Oct 17, 2017
  5. skcusime Win User
    Thanks Hawkman, but no-go with RTL8821CE and 8822. Installed but "Windows encountered a problem. The device cannot start" same old message.

skcusime, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fall Creators Update makes wifi network driver useless - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares: [ATTACH] In the picture above, RUMCAJS refers to the Windows 10-computer with a freshly installed Fall Creators Update, and AKI is another computer - running Windows 7 - with an HP LaserJet 6L attached to it. You can see that the printer is visible to RUMCAJS, and that I've...
  4. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  5. Fall creators update not initializing(?)

Fall creators update not initializing(?): So when i booted my pc this morning, i was greeted with the "hello" screen of the windows update. But then it just stops fading in and giving me black screens amd half-faded in sentences. I decided to give it a while, but after 4 hours it hasn't gotten a step further. The...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....