Windows 10: Fall Update Paused

Discus and support Fall Update Paused in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had problems with the fall update, using Windows Update, where it hung at 30%, with no observable network traffic. So I paused the process under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mikedyce, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Mikedyce Win User

Fall Update Paused

I had problems with the fall update, using Windows Update, where it hung at 30%, with no observable network traffic.
    So I paused the process under advanced options & installed successfully through Windows Update Assistant.
    My question is, what happens to the paused update - will it just dissappear on its own?
    Thanks.

:)

Mikedyce, Oct 17, 2017
  2. GMHARISH Win User

Pause update option in Windows Fall creators version is missing

I am using windows 10 fall creators version (Home & Single Language). Would it be possible for me to pause update. I checked advanced option in windows update but it is missing.

GMHARISH, Oct 17, 2017
  3. OneDrive paused automatically

Are you quite sure there isn't some way to override the automatic pausing of OneDrive when Metered Connection is set? Was it the Fall Creators Update that automatically paused OneDrive when a Metered Connection is being used? It wouldn't be so much of an
    issue if the Procrustes Creators Update hadn't taken away the choice of whether to automatically download and install new updates other than by using a Metered Connection.

Evern Otes, Oct 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Fall Update Paused

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  5. Mikedyce Win User
    Thanks for the reply dalchina.

Once I had done the update through Windows Update Assistant I went back to the Windows Update page in settings & a couple of updates finished on their own (Malicious Software & Flash) very quickly, then everything seemed to be back to normal on the updates page.

So, one happy user again.

Consider query closed.

Mikedyce, Oct 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Good, sometimes patience is needed with possibly heavily loaded servers.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fall Update Paused

1. Fall Update Paused - Similar Threads - Fall Update Paused

2. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Update Pause

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Pause: How do I cancel or de select and update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pause/9c8a032f-07d5-4bcb-952f-6a15477088d4
  7. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  8. fall update

fall update: I still didn't get the fall update has anybody else have the same problem thank you 30237
  9. Pausing updates

Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...
  10. Fall Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Update: Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up...