Windows 10: Fall Update

Discus and support Fall Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. BradAndy Win User

Fall Update

Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up the same.

I have tried repairing windows too and I get "unable to comply" kind of messages. I literally have spent hours and its driving me crazy. My laptop flew through the update with no issue.

Do I do a clean install of windows - but I don't think this will work. I think there is an issue deep in system restore area that is causing this. I can build PC's and maintain them and am quite good at fixing things but this has me on the floor!

Please advise.

:)

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018

2. the windows 10 threshold 2 fall update not showing

I had read that the fall update is already available to download, but when I go through the windows update it shows that my computer is already updated. So I go to the update history and it shows my past updates and the ones from Tuesday, but not the fall
    update. My computer has not been updated with the fall update. I am not sure if it still not release yet or what, but my computer has not been updated with the fall update.

Silentsoul56, Jan 17, 2018
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer context menu no text

It is a "new feature", actually a "known issue", MS Speak for BUG in the Fall Creators Update.

2017 11 02- FCU KNOWN ISSUES- WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE'S MOST COMMON USER PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-fall-...

Please confirm that you have the fall creators update. Run Winver and confirm your build and version number.

Rohn007, Jan 17, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Fall Update

It's possible you've been caught out by one of the latest updates 4056892 which has caused some users to have the problem you describe. (AMD devices). I believe that has now been superseded.
    Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices - Windows 10 Forums

Basic things to do:
    1. Make sure your existing Windows and disk are sound
    Hard disk sentinel (trial)
    Admin command prompt
    chkdsk c: /scan
    SFC /SCANNOW

2. Disconnect any unnecessary peripherals
    3. Try a clean boot before upgrading
    4. Uninstall any security software (often this isn't necessary, but some security software is broken by the upgrade).
    5. Try a manual upgrade without updates- download the iso, mount it and run setup.exe
    6. Post a screenshot of your disks and partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard.
    7. Make sure you have enough free space on C:
    8. Consider any programs that might conflict e.g. modify the GUI. Uninstall as necessary.

Please advise which of those you haven't tried and post the result.

Post a screenshot of your Update History.
    Which is your current build?
    Windows key + R, winver.

Please see:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    - yellow, pink and 'Here's How sections' for a lot more- the links are extensive.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2018
  5. BradAndy Win User
    Sentinel was perfect on both drives. 100% for both.

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    See first para of amended post above.. and read the related items in the News section... I suspect the last but one update may have caught you out.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2018
  7. BradAndy Win User
    I will look at that *Smile cheers

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  8. BradAndy Win User

Fall Update

If its been patched for AMD why is the Update Assistant still falling over?

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  9. BradAndy Win User
    I am Version1607 14393.2007

The elevated prompts you suggested found no errors or violation.

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    - at what stage- after the upgrade has been attempted?

If it's not that update causing problems, you can work through the rest, including the Windows update troubleshooter if Windows update is not working.

Noting your build is 1607, that suggest either you've had Windows update disabled, or there's a problem with updating (hence I asked for a screenshot of Update History). A less likely possibility is that MS stopped offering you updates.

But 14393.2007 seems very recent (Jan '18). So I wonder why you've not been offered 1703- or were you deferring the upgrade? (Win 10 PRO option)

dalchina, Jan 17, 2018
  11. BradAndy Win User
    I haven't taken any notice of it to be honest (what update and when) but what happens is the updater does its stuff and restarts and then black screens. It seems to be after its downloaded.

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  12. BradAndy Win User
    My keyboard is being unhelpful - the software with it is terribad. Its a CM trigger. Anyway I will try and get a ss.

BradAndy, Jan 17, 2018
  13. BradAndy Win User

Fall Update

Hi mate I think the problem could be the CoolerMaster software with my mouse and keyboard. It is not functioning correctly - I have no windows key and printscrn doesn't work.

Fall Update [​IMG]

I received a cumulative update last night - these always work. The Fall update keeps failing to black screen after restart.

BradAndy, Jan 18, 2018
  14. BradAndy Win User
    Fall Update [​IMG]

history as requested. Sorry for delay.

BradAndy, Jan 18, 2018
  15. BradAndy Win User
    Fall Update [​IMG]

BradAndy, Jan 18, 2018
Thema:

Fall Update

1. Fall Update - Similar Threads - Fall Update

2. Why did the update of windows 11 last fall erase my printers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the update of windows 11 last fall erase my printers ?: Updating with the Windows 11 caused many failures. Resetting Outook, I was able to recall my thick email accounts. Google emails were still available.. I lost access to HP printers. I have contacted HP, Dell and Microsoft. Several times. Hours of contact by phone,, online...
  3. Why did the update of windows 11 last fall erase my printers ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the update of windows 11 last fall erase my printers ?: Updating with the Windows 11 caused many failures. Resetting Outook, I was able to recall my thick email accounts. Google emails were still available.. I lost access to HP printers. I have contacted HP, Dell and Microsoft. Several times. Hours of contact by phone,, online...
  4. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?: Today I tried to run halo infinite but it gave me a message along the lines of Incompatible OS version. Update fall creators update (1709) or higher. So I look up how to update windows to the latest version so I follow the steps but I already have the latest version then I go...
  5. Windows 10’s fall 2021 feature update is a step closer to launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s fall 2021 feature update is a step closer to launch: Windows 10 version 21H2 is now available for pre-release validation with commercial PCs. This will allow PCs managed IT administrators to download and run Windows 10 version 21H2 update for testing ahead of its October 2021 release. The Windows 10 version 21H2, which is...
  6. Windows update not working properly, Storage space falling; Troubleshooter says there is no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not working properly, Storage space falling; Troubleshooter says there is no...: I decide to install the latest windows update version 21H1 last month, and when I pressed the 'check for updates' button, it showed that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. But there was no 'update' or 'schedule update' button anywhere. I found that the...
  7. Windows major update fall 2020

Windows major update fall 2020: I have a HP laptop and after the new windows major update on fall 2020I recently updated it my pc is getting heated and also battery stopped charging at 80% and also laptop suddenly get turned off within few minutes after unplugged the charger. First I thought it was a...
  8. After Fall 2020 update, can't run apps, Missing C++ component

After Fall 2020 update, can't run apps, Missing C++ component: I've been trying to resolve this issue for over a month, and pray that someone will be able to help. My computer worked wonderfully. I updated to latest version, and now when I try to launch certain apps/games, I get a various fault messages. Primarily it is one of two...
  9. i need 2017 fall creators update link

i need 2017 fall creators update link: i need the the 2017 fall creators update iso file link. i cannot find it in my browser i am only able to find 2020 20 h2 link. but i am already using that , i want to change the previous version of windows because of unsupported drivers kindly send the file iso...
  10. The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?

The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?: To whom it may concern: I had a Cumulative Update reminder this morning and I started it. But it has been over 2 hours and nothing seems to have happened. The computer shows the lock screen but it won’t open? What is wrong?...