Windows 10: Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns

Discus and support Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys. Having a problem with some games that I'm playing via Steam. Fallout 4 used to run flawlessly on my PC. One day, I turned it on and noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chiva, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Chiva Win User

Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns

Hey guys. Having a problem with some games that I'm playing via Steam. Fallout 4 used to run flawlessly on my PC. One day, I turned it on and noticed that the graphics settings had been dropped to low. The framerate was also completely horrendous.

Any ideas on what might have caused this?

:)

Chiva, Dec 17, 2015

2. ETA on Windows 8 / 10 DX9 Memory allocation issues fix?

There is rumor/news of a skyrim re-release from Bethesda....if that is your motivation for following this topic (it is mine). Perhaps they will release a new skyrim exe based more on the updated engine of Fallout 4 and it will get around this silly issue.
    Otherwise, I haven't seen any news of a fix, workaround or anything else for this issue.

FrostByghte, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Problem with games and WDDM 2.1

I found a temporary fix by installing NVAC. It stands for New Vegas Anti-Crash. It's a mod that prevents crashes. it only works for Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion. As for Skyrim I haven't had any problems with that game. I
    doubt that your issue with Skyrim is a result of the same problem.

BradleySchallig, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns

1. Fallout 4 and Skyrim, massive framerate slowdowns - Similar Threads - Fallout Skyrim massive

2. Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden massive slowdown once every 2 weeks or so.: Since getting this new machine in October, there have occasionally been instances where everything suddenly slows down dramatically. During these times, the mouse cursor is still reactive and moves the same, but it takes 15-30 seconds for anything on the system to registered...
  3. OneDrive Problems with Fallout 4

OneDrive Problems with Fallout 4: I recently downloaded Fallout 4 from steam and every time I try and save, whether its a quick save or manual save, it brings up this message and I have to open the recycle bin and restore the save. Is there any fix to this or am I doomed to this every single time I save?...
  4. OneDrive Problems with Fallout 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Problems with Fallout 4: I recently downloaded Fallout 4 from steam and every time I try and save, whether its a quick save or manual save, it brings up this message and I have to open the recycle bin and restore the save. Is there any fix to this or am I doomed to this every single time I save?...
  5. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  6. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  7. fallout 4 gamepass for pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    fallout 4 gamepass for pc: Hi i've recently gotten a computer i have gamepass ultimate and i downloaded fallout 4 from game pass and when ever i attempt to start the game it goes to the top left corner of my screen and i cant interact with it or close the tab ive unistalled and reinstalled multiple...
  8. BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, I switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk...
  9. Crashed playing Fallout 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed playing Fallout 4: Hello, new Skylake PC, crashed playing Fallout 4. PC restarted. Here is the minidump analysis: rash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com)Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...