Windows 10: Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

Discus and support Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again.

Microsoft again, messed up big time on this...

See attached image.

I need ALL items to be removed as I do not like the way it takes up real-estate on my Desktop.

:)

win10freak, Dec 7, 2017
  2. GlenBodie Win User

Windows Update Troubleshooter can't clear the Windows Updates Folder in Storage

I wanted to download the stand-alone installer for the 1709 Fall Creator's Update.

I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog as you suggested but I couldn't come up with search terms that found what I was looking for.

"Fall Creator's Update" - no hits

Fall Creator's Update - no hits

1709 - 26 pages of hits, looks like all KB items of various sorts

1709 updates - still get 26 pages of hits

Maybe if I knew the KB number associated with this 1703 to 1709 update it would help.

GlenBodie, Dec 7, 2017
  3. RE3315 Win User
    After update to Win10 Fall Creators Update (1709), Reliability Monitor History is now blank

After updating 3 separate PCs Running Win10 Home 64-bit from 1703-->1709 (Fall Creators Update), I notice that the Reliability Monitor History is erased for all logged items prior to the update.

Is this a known expected "feature" or a bug? It seems to keep logging the reliability history again normally starting at the time of the update, but sure would have been nice to keep the prior history....... Wondering if anyone else experienced this.

RE3315, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

1. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items - Similar Threads - Falls Creators Update

2. old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709: Since the upgrade to Fall Creators update the old style Defender UI MSASCui.exe produces an error if you try to look at Quarantined items on the History tab. Error loading type library/DLL Error code: 0x80029c4a I'm not the only one, apparently. Also reported here......
  3. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  4. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  5. Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update: Hello How to turn off driver update via regedit ? os windows 10 fall creatros update 1709 Thank you 99435
  6. USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB3 bug in Fall Creator's Update: I have the problem described in http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-...rs-update.html on both a desktop and laptop. I tried all the fixes it describes and none of them work. Is anyone aware of a fix that does work? 96376
  7. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  8. Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index: I got the Fall Creator’s update recently, and it somehow broke Windows’ indexing of programs. I'm currently on Winver: 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Before the problem: Windows 10/drive C: is installed on a 250GB SSD, but most programs are installed on a conventional 640 GB...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  10. Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help: Hello,I have successfully installed the update But my Acer Aspire F 15 Notebook wont Reboot and shuts of when I use AIMP4 and A Browser at the same time,there are other issues but this is the worst,in generally my pc runs like the wind.*Mad 100134