Windows 10: False AMD Presence

Discus and support False AMD Presence in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How on earth do I get rid of this, it must be in the registry???? Quite a long time ago now, I uninstalled AMD Radeon and installed GeForce FX 1060... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

False AMD Presence

How on earth do I get rid of this, it must be in the registry???? Quite a long time ago now, I uninstalled AMD Radeon and installed GeForce FX 1060 software and drivers when it first appeared on the shelf.

But this has always stayed and I keep getting notifications for new Radeon drivers. I contacted AMD and they never bothered replying.

:)

elbmek, Oct 24, 2017
  2. JimHill1 Win User

Windows 10 KB4056892 fails to install error code 0x800f0845

For this topic, the failure to install is related to the presence of an older AMD processor or AMD-based motherboard. Microsoft has issued a update to specifically address this situation. I and several others with computers with older AMD based processors
    have installed this revised update without incident. If you read the previous posts in this topic you will discover the specifics of this AMD specific update. To iterate again, this topic was initiated by the failure of the Microsoft update to install on
    computers using older AMD (Sempron, Athlon, etc.) processors or AMD based motherboard chip sets. Installation issues with Intel-based CPU or chip sets are best addressed in a different forum topic.

JimHill1, Oct 24, 2017
  3. [SOLVED] Windows Cannot Install KB4054517 Update but Keeps Trying and Failing

If you are going by the presence of AMD64 all that means is that a 64-bit processor is involved. Otherwise I think we would need to find an instance of the word BIOS in the log and I don't see one.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 24, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

False AMD Presence

clam1952, Oct 24, 2017
  5. You can use Autoruns. In Explorer, disable or remove ACE and that is it.

TairikuOkami, Oct 24, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    I found ACE and asked it to delete it - no such file? it was in this folder

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers 14/10/17 15:52

It was the only folder that even suggested ACE, so it must be an empty or part empty reference.???

Clam. DDU worked great. I open it and in select graphic drivers I had two options AMD and Nvidia. Selected AMD and it told me that it had removed about a dozen entries/files - BRILLIANT. It said use safe mode, but as it was uninstalling rubbish I didnt use, I did'nt, and it worked fine. Second kudos of the day going to you. THANKS!!

I was slightly wary, because I have an AMD Ryzen motherboard. It did not affect that.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

False AMD Presence

1. False AMD Presence - Similar Threads - False AMD Presence

2. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Media Presence: This started yesterday. I had left my computer running on a game while I was away for around 30 minutes. Then I came back to see a DellSupport Assist error. This is what it said."Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system that requires immediate...
  3. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Media Presence: This started yesterday. I had left my computer running on a game while I was away for around 30 minutes. Then I came back to see a DellSupport Assist error. This is what it said."Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system that requires immediate...
  4. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  5. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  6. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Checking media presence

in Windows 10 Customization
    Checking media presence: Whenever I'm trying to start my PC it says 'Checking media presence'..and then ut says 'no media found' and then goes to BIOS..my Hard Disk Drive is set as the boot option 1..and still I can't turn on my PC...
  8. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER: How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services. XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in...
  9. checking media presence

in Windows 10 Customization
    checking media presence: how do I get around this message each time I boot up windows " checking media presence " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-media-presence/ab17aa18-c033-4972-abcc-ac1373a81617
  10. Presence of Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Presence of Internet Explorer: 1. I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 from 8.1 three days ago. I run CCLeaner daily. I see 'Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files' in its analysis, still. I thought IE would have been removed and replaced completely by Microsoft Edge in the upgrade process. 2. A...