Windows 10: Family members user accounts

Discus and support Family members user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2016

2. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family
    for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family
    for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Can't Log in to new Family Accounts Windows 10

Hi,

I have a similar issue but with an adult account i just created.

The account seems to have been created. The user got an email to confirm that their outlook account was being used on a new machine and I got an email to confirm the user account was created as part of a family member.

Their status went from pending to blank I guess, in as much the pending word disappears

When the laptop is switches on there are now two users at the bottom left of the screen. Mine and the new family member. Mine works fine. If you click on the new family member, the password prompt is displayed. The password entered and the word welcome is
    displayed for a few seconds followed by Signing out.

At present the new family member can not log on to the laptop.

AndrewFacey, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Family members user accounts

1. Family members user accounts - Similar Threads - Family members user

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  4. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  5. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. unable to remove family member account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to remove family member account: Hello, this topic is already covered all over the web and here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_family/unable-to-remove-family-member-account/4676a00e-17a9-4c87-8d02-502ee2915687?auth=1 Everything has been tried netplwiz, Control Panel,...
  7. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  8. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  10. Creation of a local account as a family member

Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792