Windows 10: Family Pack 3X Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Windows Vista

Discus and support Family Pack 3X Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Windows Vista in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have really found that the Windows Ten Forums users really know how to help others and here is my question. Some years ago I wanted to purchases a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by acmanten, Aug 28, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

Family Pack 3X Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Windows Vista

I have really found that the Windows Ten Forums users really know how to help others and here is my question.

Some years ago I wanted to purchases a family pack 3X of Windows 7, and I purchased (sealed package) the one I have in my hand but it was never used. Since it says "upgrade designed Windows Vista" I was told later that it would not upgrade anything other than Windows Vista. and I did not have an OS running Vista at the time.... because I was running UNIX and Windows X at home on other systems. I had opened it and the store said I could not return it... so I have kept it all these years,.

It has the upgrade DVD for Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and a upgrade DVD for Windows 7Home Premium 64-bit inside the package. I do not remember what I paid for it at the time. Each DVD says "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade" and "The program will search your system to confirm your eligibility for this upgrade." and this package still has the original Microsoft Yellow sticker with the Product Key.

So my questions now is. what is this purchase good for at this time, and is it possible to start and load a Windows 7 MS with what I have without upgrading a Vista OS? Can this be used by someone who has a computer to start and load OS 7 and then later upgrade to Windows 10?

Thanks for your time, and all you assistance in the past. I do appreciate it. be safe. Cliff M.

:)

acmanten, Aug 28, 2015

2. Same Windows 10 on two machines?

A rare exception and explicitly clarified for multiple installs.

There was never multi-packs for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8.0, Windows Vista, XP, ME, 2000, NT 4, 98, 95, 3.1, 3.0, 2.0 or 1.0.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Same Windows 10 on two machines?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack (3-User) . . .

DaveM121, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Barman58 Win User

All the Information you need is Here ... Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version - Windows 7 Help Forums

as far as I remember there were not any Vista only upgrades in the retail channel, and not many of the OEM, (free upgrade for copies of vista on hardware sold as windows 7 went live)

You may find that a valid XP key will be acceptable

Barman58, Aug 28, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 28, 2015
  6. dsherman Win User
    I have the same family pack and upgraded from xp to windows 7 Premuim with no trouble..

dsherman, Aug 30, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    Thanks so much to all. be safe.. Cliff

acmanten, Aug 30, 2015
  8. acmanten Win User

Thanks so much for telling me. I am keeping mine..... never used.. thanks for your post.. Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 3, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    Barman58

Thanks for your comments and info. I am learning more everyday.. be safe... Cliff M.

acmanten, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Family Pack 3X Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Windows Vista - Similar Threads - Family Pack Home

2. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium: I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem...
  5. How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium: I use Windows XP Home x64 Edition how to upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium/e49cde99-f59c-4a5a-b060-6ac6b4a47cab
  6. How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium: I use Windows XP Home x64 Edition how to upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium/e49cde99-f59c-4a5a-b060-6ac6b4a47cab
  7. Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack 3x : Know how many activations are left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack 3x : Know how many activations are left: Having a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade DVD which seems to me perfectly genuine with Microsoft's Windows hologram inside the disc material, the activation fails after install/upgrade on a computer that was previously running Windows Vista Home.Is there a way to check if the...
  8. Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack 3x : Know how many activations are left

Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack 3x : Know how many activations are left: Having a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade DVD which seems to me perfectly genuine with Microsoft's Windows hologram inside the disc material, the activation fails after install/upgrade on a computer that was previously running Windows Vista Home.Is there a way to check if the...
  9. Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium: I've been trying to update an HP Pavilion Slimline computer from the Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium. The computer hardware exceeds all of the requirements for Windows 10. I thought it would be straight forward. P.S. I have 40 years of technology...
  10. Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure: Have bought and paid for the windows 10 home upgrade. I have made several attempts to upgrade and at the end I get a message saying "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Is there an easy fix for this problem?...