Windows 10: Family safety monitor stopped working

Discus and support Family safety monitor stopped working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have several user accounts setup on each of our machines including some child accounts. We have noticed for the last 3 days that when logging into... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Family safety monitor stopped working

We have several user accounts setup on each of our machines including some child accounts. We have noticed for the last 3 days that when logging into our child accounts that the little family safety icon that normally resides in the system tray in bottom right has been missing in action. A quick check in reliability history reports that 'family safety monitor' stopped working everytime we logged into a child acc consistently for three days solid. As this is happening on all our machines I presume it's not a local issue but an MS server side issue. I just wondered if anyone else uses child accounts and are noticing the same?

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 11, 2016
  2. mec250 Win User

Everytime the computer is turned on, a popup shows that says "your device activity is reported to a family member".

Original Title - family monitoring

I am using family safety feature of windows 10. It works to monitor computer activity of my son from his ASUS windows 10 computer. However, everytime the computer is turned on, a popup shows that says "your device activity is reported to a family member".
    Is there a way to stop this popup and still continue monitoring his computer?

mec250, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Family safety monitor stopped working !

Several cumulative updates later and still NOT working, pretty useless microsoft

Scottyboy99, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Family safety monitor stopped working

Is nobody else seeing this? All our machines are doing the same thing since Thursday, making me think the MS server for this has gone wonky.

Scottyboy99, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

Family safety monitor stopped working

1. Family safety monitor stopped working - Similar Threads - Family safety monitor

2. Family safety stopped working Again!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety stopped working Again!!!: Yet again, family safety has stopped working. It is showing zero activity on my son's computer, even though he is using it. Screen time is no longer working, my settings are being ignored and he has d unlimited time. This had been a recurring issue ever since family safety...
  3. Family safety stopped working Again!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety stopped working Again!!!: Yet again, family safety has stopped working. It is showing zero activity on my son's computer, even though he is using it. Screen time is no longer working, my settings are being ignored and he has d unlimited time. This had been a recurring issue ever since family safety...
  4. Family safety stopped working Again!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety on Windows 11 stopped working: For few months I had no issues on my daughters Windows 11 device with the screen time control. Out of the blue it stopped working. I have checked several things from rebooting, verifying account, updating... buth nothing made it work again.I have also deleted the folders in...
  6. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Issue with Family Safety Monitor: So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop. [ATTACH] You can move the square around, and it...
  7. Family Safety has stopped working

Family Safety has stopped working: I've had my child on a MS child account for a year, using windows 10, and have been able to effectively use this to block their laptop & limit time. This week possibly following an update? it's stopped working. I can block some apps but only intermittently and I can't block...
  8. Family safety notifications stopped working

Family safety notifications stopped working: I am not receiving any family safety notifications. So when my kids request more time, I do not receive the request or any notifications about activity, nothing. I do not receive them on my PC or my phone which is running Microsoft launcher, or via email. It was working...
  9. Family safety monitor stopped working

Family safety monitor stopped working: Am assuming this is an MS Server side issue but tonight my two children logged into their accounts on the PC. They have child accounts. Absolutely no issues using the machine, browsing etc. I then logged back into my main acc after. As I was checking a few things I went into...
  10. Family Safety continually stops working

Family Safety continually stops working: Every month or so, Family Safety will lose its connection with the service, in a manner of speaking. The computer reports no problems: it claims everything is being monitored like normal and all accounts are linked. The Family Safety website shows all restrictions, but no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family safety monitor stopped working