Windows 10: Family safety offline alternative

Discus and support Family safety offline alternative in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like a family safety alternative that works offline in windows it need to able do all that windows 8 version did which includes: Time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by philip, Jul 31, 2015.

1. philip Win User

Family safety offline alternative

I would like a family safety alternative that works offline in windows it need to able do all that windows 8 version did which includes:

Time limits(how long child can spend and what hours they can use the computer and extra time can be give by admins)
    Desktop app restrictions(white list of apps that child can use)
    Windows app restrictions(white list of apps that child can use)
    web filters not necessary as it is a offline pc
    and is free

would be nice if i had remote control from another pc that allows me to give extra time, force log off, block/allow programs, see what app are running been running and how long all in real time.

:)

philip, Jul 31, 2015

2. family safety offline is not included in my win ten

how can i install family safety offline in my win 10 .......windows 8.1 has its own family safety without going to family safety website can it be possible in win 10........family safety icon is not present in control panel..........please give me appropriate
    answer

jahangirkiyani, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Blocking por.n On Windows Phone

Internet Explorer is my default browser. Does AVG Family Safety® replace it?
    AVG Family Safety® is an alternative browser to Internet Explorer® and it does not automatically replace Internet Explorer. However, by making AVG Family Safety® your preferred browser, you can enjoy an enhanced set of security features that are not offered
    by Internet Explorer.

http://kb.avg.com/articles/How_to/AVG-Family-Safety-for-Windows-mobile?m=0

In Settings of IE, uncheck Make Default browser

How to Remove Mozilla As Your Default Browser

Smittychat., Jul 31, 2015
  4. Robinio Win User

I'm in the same boat, I don't want to create email addresses for a kid to use and I want to keep my local user account separate to my old unused hotmail account, so Windows 10 family safety is a no go.
    Anyone know if it's possible to bolt on the Windows 8 family safety, or know if there's a decent alternative available?

Robinio, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Family safety offline alternative - Similar Threads - Family safety offline

2. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: I’m convinced there is a second family safety account for my son blocking games we left the platform for the one I can see. Is there a way to dig deeper and see if there is another account associated with his email i...
  3. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  4. Family safety

Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  6. Family Safety

Family Safety: Surface GoFamily Safety→→,web→ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family/71ccf75b-e739-408b-b742-95fc5b895729
  7. Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: I have already removed all the family members. How do I remove myself? Pretty annoying having to ask myself to use a website I'm trying to go to! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety/5b464e95-21f1-4d46-8f0c-0c6c734f8475
  8. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  9. Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  10. Family Safety.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...