Windows 10: Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?

Discus and support Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Clue me in..... Does the windows 10 family Safety, actually allow you to block all apps except for the ones you allow your child to run? It's not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stubee, Nov 10, 2015.

1. stubee Win User

Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?

Clue me in.....

Does the windows 10 family Safety, actually allow you to block all apps except for the ones you allow your child to run?

It's not clear from their site verbiage on whether you can only block apps that show in the "recent history" (ie run at least once), or even if it's only MS store bought apps.

(FYI: you could do this in Win7)

thanks.

:)

stubee, Nov 10, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Nov 10, 2015
  3. How to prevent child account from switching to Local account on the PC to circumvent Family safety?

Original Title: Prevent switching to local account

I have a windows 10 computer with family safety setup. Simply my child is able to circumvent family safety by switching to local account instead of microsoft account.

yassermuslim, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?

1. Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches? - Similar Threads - Family Safety Prevent

2. Roblox fails to launch due to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox fails to launch due to Microsoft Family Safety: I purchased a new laptop for my son and am using Microsoft Family Safety to manage screen time and apps. However, everytime he tries to open Roblox, it crashes. On the other hand, if I log in to Windows using my parental privileges Microsoft account, I have no issue launching...
  3. Roblox fails to launch due to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox fails to launch due to Microsoft Family Safety: I purchased a new laptop for my son and am using Microsoft Family Safety to manage screen time and apps. However, everytime he tries to open Roblox, it crashes. On the other hand, if I log in to Windows using my parental privileges Microsoft account, I have no issue launching...
  4. Family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety: Hi I am having several issues with my Microsoft account.1. I was on a family group share but my child is now 17 and I no longer want to monitor his use. How do I make changes so there are no longer parental controls?2. My son is trying to change his email to access account....
  5. Family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety: Hi I have just set up my daughter's computer and would like to add the family sharing app. The app is not finding her device. Why is this? Did i need to set up her computer with her own account...
  6. Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Hi there,I am a little puzzled with the Family Settings for Edge, on my own profile, I can use the Cog in Edge for customizing the main page layout, for example removing quick links, content, image/video background, etc...I have enabled Family Safety in our kid profile, so...
  7. prevent mails from Microsoft Family Safety

prevent mails from Microsoft Family Safety: Hi I have the app installed on my phone which works perfect. So I'm in no need to receive any mails from Microsoft Family when my child requests something. How can I turn off email notifications / requests from Microsoft family Safety?...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety not preventing apps from installing

Microsoft Family Safety not preventing apps from installing: Although our son is logged in to a Microsoft Family Safety account as a standard user, not administrator on a Windows 10 Home computer that has all the latest windows updates installed, he still manages to install and use the Opera browser and has even managed to create...
  9. Family Safety.

Family Safety.: I just got my daughter a laptop and added her to my family on Microsoft. How do I change the names of the computers on my account so I can set time limits on just her computer and not mine? The names currently associated with the computers are a bunch of letters and numbers...
  10. How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent creation of list of applications launched: How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA 87330