Windows 10: Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown

Discus and support Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My boys are clever. I created Child accounts on their laptops and set up their schedule. My younger son found out (through YouTube) that he could "turn... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NickalJV, Sep 30, 2015.

1. NickalJV Win User

Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown

My boys are clever. I created Child accounts on their laptops and set up their schedule. My younger son found out (through YouTube) that he could "turn off" the schedule by performing a forced shutdown (hold POWER button down until it turns off). When the laptop is rebooted, he can simply log in regardless of the schedule.

What I discovered is that they have to "Verify identity on this PC" again. Once that is done, the Family Safety schedule is re-activated. Of course, they choose not to re-identify so that they can use their laptops indefinitely.

I've seen many posts about this but no solution. This is a pretty bad problem.

I would think that if the laptop has an Internet connection at the time of login, authentication to the Microsoft account would also serve as verifying one's identity on the PC. Conversely, if there's no Internet connection at the time of login, the user will have to connect to the Internet eventually, and authentication/verification could be done automatically when a connection is established.

:)

NickalJV, Sep 30, 2015

2. Family Safety Circumvented By Child Changing Birthdate on Microsoft Account

Same problem here. Are you outside the USA? It seems that within the USA, there is protection which prevents the birthdate being changed if the child is under 13, but outside the USA, there is no such protection, making the system useless once the child
    discovers the workaround.

There should be a parental setting which prevents a child account from changing the date of birth.

Family User, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Family Safety Circumvented By Child Changing Birthdate on Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Please refer the link below to keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/family-safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/child-birthdate-microsoft-account

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a solution. What you could do is if you find that they are doing something you told them not to, disable (temporarily) their account until they learn their lesson: Disable a user account - Windows Help

DustSailor, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown

1. Family Safety scheduler circumvented by forced shutdown - Similar Threads - Family Safety scheduler

2. PC shutdown option in Family safety.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown option in Family safety.: Hi,I think its been 10 years someone asked if family safety should have PC shutdown option. This has not happened till now.When is this going to be added? If not soon, whats the alternative? Thank you,...
  3. PC shutdown option in Family safety.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutdown option in Family safety.: Hi,I think its been 10 years someone asked if family safety should have PC shutdown option. This has not happened till now.When is this going to be added? If not soon, whats the alternative? Thank you,...
  4. Family Safety time limits circumvented by Virtual Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety time limits circumvented by Virtual Reality: We are currently applying screen time limitations with limited effectiveness with one of our children. It was recently discovered that the SteamVR application provides an option in settings to remain unlocked even when the computer locks. This option also applies to when...
  5. Family Safety time limits circumvented by Virtual Reality

Family Safety time limits circumvented by Virtual Reality: We are currently applying screen time limitations with limited effectiveness with one of our children. It was recently discovered that the SteamVR application provides an option in settings to remain unlocked even when the computer locks. This option also applies to when...
  6. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scheduled shutdown: Hi,How can I make a scheduled shutdown on startup that terminates the task if the computer is used?- I have scheduled a startup on BIOS every day at 8.00.- I created a task in Task Scheduler to run shutdown.exe on startup if the computer is not used for 15 minutes works so...
  7. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scheduled shutdown: Hi,How can I make a scheduled shutdown on startup that terminates the task if the computer is used?- I have scheduled a startup on BIOS every day at 8.00.- I created a task in Task Scheduler to run shutdown.exe on startup if the computer is not used for 15 minutes works so...
  8. scheduled shutdown

9. Microsoft Edge Dev circumvents Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Edge Dev circumvents Microsoft Family Safety: My son somehow learned that he can bypass all internet restrictions on the computer by downloading and installing Microsoft Edge Dev. First of all, he has a standard account -- not an admin account. He shouldn't be able to install any software, but somehow he can. So that's...
  10. Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls: My 10 year old is circumventing the Family Saftey controls altogether. What he does is reboots his laptop and right as soon as his PC is booting up, he is clicking on the applications that I have blocked in Family Safety. By clicking on these icons repeatedly right on...