Windows 10: Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos

Discus and support Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I use the family settings with my three children's computers, suddenly none of them are able to watch the youtube videos they used to be able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 3DPiper, Sep 10, 2015.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos

When I use the family settings with my three children's computers, suddenly none of them are able to watch the youtube videos they used to be able to with Windows 8.

It says "The Video is unavailable with Restricted Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Restricted Mode."

According to this thread:

"YouTube respects the Prefer:Safe header used by Firefox and Internet Explorer when parental controls are turned on. YouTube currently does not provide any workaround or override capability for content that they don't consider "safe for kids". To get Internet Explorer and Firefox to not send this header, you need to make sure Web Filtering AND Web Activity Reporting are both turned off for your account."

This is very aggravating, as the main reason to use Family settings is for web filtering and web activity reporting.

:)

3DPiper, Sep 10, 2015

2. Disable Google restricted mode for a child account on Windows 10?

I just updated my kids' laptop to Windows 10. My oldest is having issues with YouTube, where it forces "restricted mode" on. I found pages on the internet saying to be able to turn restricted mode off, you have to remove yourself from the family in Family
    Safety (fss.live.com). I don't want to completely remove him from the family, but I want to be able to turn off "restricted mode". How do I do this?

Yakko Warner, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Faranth Win User
    Can't access all the videos on Youtube, stuck in Safe Search on all Search Engines, thanks Family Safety.

I did some work with the settings, and I noticed a certain message in one of the sections in Family Safety saying, "We automatically block some websites and videos." I don't know what that means, but perhaps it could explain why I wasn't able to get out
    of Safe Search on search engines and the Restricted Mode on YouTube would sometimes be on, but sometimes off, even with Web Filtering and Web Activity Reporting off. Ultimately, I've decided to go back to Windows 8.1 for now.

Faranth, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos

1. Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos - Similar Threads - Family settings activates

2. Restrict YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  3. Restrict YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  4. restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this

in Windows 10 Customization
    restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this: all of a sudden I'm getting videos that don't play and have a big black box over them that say restricted mode. Is this a setting in Windows 10 or Chrome. I haven't touched any settings and never have seen this before.The first time it evenutally played but could you tell me...
  5. When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...: I am trying to allow my child to watch a youtube video that he needs to watch for his online school classes. I put only that one video into allowed online content but the problem is that after he watches the video, all of the suggested videos are then enabled even though...
  6. Youtube Restricted mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  7. YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off: YouTube restricts content, I did not set this and unable to change despite exhaustive search for help sites and efforts to. So far unable to locate any suggestions that work....
  8. Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?: First, sorry for my bad English But I installed windows 10 build 10240 and my browser cant watch most videos on youtube cuz restricted mode always on. when I click off and save, it will refresh page and this mode still on. I try with edge, chrome ( firefox has problem with...
  9. Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution: I recently set up 3 computers for my family, doing clean installs of Win10 for all. On two of the computers youtube is set to restricted mode all the time and can't be changed. The third computer has restricted mode set to off. Many people have this problem, and in every...
  10. Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Youtube's restricted mode: As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family-settings-activates-restricted-mode-youtube-videos tenforuns