Windows 10: Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.

Discus and support Family sharing problems using 2 profiles. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have gotten a new pc recentlly and I have to share it with my mom. I have created 2 profiles, so she doesn't see what I am doing. However when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 357, Feb 5, 2017.

1. 357
    357 Win User

Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.

I have gotten a new pc recentlly and I have to share it with my mom.
    I have created 2 profiles, so she doesn't see what I am doing. However when I installed steam, the program installed on her profile as well. How do I make it so my files stay on MY profile and hers stay on hers,I don't want her seeing any of my stuff, not programs, not files, not nothing. If she changes her desktop, mine changes too, I want there to be 2 separate ones.
    How do I do it?

:)

2. Game share/Family gold share

Ok so I have 2 xbox's and I game share and use the family gold but usually I have to buy games through brothers profile to game share but I I buy something through my profile will it go to the other xbox.

JoshuaMac Ann, Feb 5, 2017
  3. Screentime limitations for account.microsoft.com/family just does not work

Hi,

Kindly check out what Community Insider
    michaeljcarroll
    have shared in this thread. He included a detailed
    (with photos) instruction on what steps he did to resolve the same issue with the Family Safety Screen Time.

Another Community Insider,
    Anonimiss
    , also shared his resolution by signing in using a local account first. For more details, click
    here.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Feb 5, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

Are you admin-level? If so, quietly make her standard account; for the most part she cannot affect your admin acct if she is std acct.

RolandJS, Feb 5, 2017
  5. RolandJS Win User
    If she has no use for Steam, I'm wondering if you can quietly remove her Steam folders and files from within her acct, I do not know if that would affect Steam folders and files under your admin acct. You have backups? Maybe test that idea?

RolandJS, Feb 5, 2017
  6. 357
    357 Win User
    Forgot to mention we both have to be admin-level since she has to install programs and stuff by herself.

7. Wullail Win User
    When you installed Steam....did you see the options "install for every user" or similar. "Install only for you." ?

Wullail, Feb 5, 2017
  8. 357
    357 Win User

Did not see it, or maybe I did but was oblivious to it, I recently installed Adobe Reader and did not see that option for that program either.

9. Not every program provides those options ("Install for every user", "Install only for you"). *Sad

lehnerus2000, Feb 6, 2017
  10. RolandJS Win User
    How about uninstalling Steam and use the custom/advanced install option if available -- find the "for you only" click. Please let us know what you end up doing - we will learn alongside you.

RolandJS, Feb 6, 2017
  11. 357
    357 Win User
    Reinstalled it and did not see the option. Both of the accounts are connected to windows live or whatever it was, if that's any help.

Thema:

1. Family sharing problems using 2 profiles. - Similar Threads - Family sharing problems

2. Google Chrome issue while using Family Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome issue while using Family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  3. Google Chrome issue while using Family Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome issue while using Family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  4. Family Sharing

Family Sharing: I'm confused, family can't report any data on browsers not owned by Microsoft right. Whenever I search this up I get outdated information. Just want clarification. For example all searches on chrome are unaccusable to a family admin, right?Do I just have to block other web...
  5. Family Sharing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Sharing: I'm confused, family can't report any data on browsers not owned by Microsoft right. Whenever I search this up I get outdated information. Just want clarification. For example all searches on chrome are unaccusable to a family admin, right?Do I just have to block other web...
  6. Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  8. Share Minecraft with Family

Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  9. Shared User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared User Profile: I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back...
  10. Office365 Family Sharing

Office365 Family Sharing: Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted...