Windows 10: Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.

Discus and support Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo K330b and recently this problem started. When I shut down the computer, the fan starts. The fan will run all night if I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBowman3, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.

Hi, I have a Lenovo K330b and recently this problem started. When I shut down the computer, the fan starts. The fan will run all night if I don't unplug it.

TIA, Michael

:)

MichaelBowman3, Aug 7, 2018

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Computer stays on after windows shut down.

Hi,

Based on the issue you are experiencing that all the fans and lights remain on even after you successfully shut down your computer, this could be related to how the actual devices were setup or the settings on the different hardware components in your computer.
    Since turning off the power supply completely turns off the fans and lights, it is possible that there is just configuration that needs to be changed to get the hardware to respond properly. We suggest the you contact the manufacturer or refer to the manual
    of the different hardware components that have to resolve the issue.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concern.

Jordan Dom, Aug 7, 2018
  4. krconv Win User

Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.

ASUS Computer keeps Shutting Down - Windows 10

I have a computer that is "refurbished" from Amazon, which I bought a month ago. Here are what was in it:

ASUS M52BC Desktop Computer

AMD FX-4200 3.8 GHz Quad Core

Nvidia GeForce GT 640

Actel AcBel HBA005 350W Power Supply

And here is in short what is happening:

• Computer is randomly shutting down, which started a week ago. At first it could take up to a few hours to shutdown. Since this morning I can only get it to stay on for 15 minutes at a time.
    • When it shuts down, it doesn't automatically restart. Sometimes after a few minutes it will try to restart, but it will just kick the fans on for a second and then cut power again.
    • Sometimes when it shuts down, if I push the power button it will just
      kick the fans on for a second
      as well, then will cut power. When this happens, I have to push the button again and it works

I have stripped it down all I can think to do. I have unplugged the HDD (running on a SSD that I installed), took out the RAM that I added, unplugged the CD Drive, limited the processor to 25% in Windows Power options (which helped it stay on a couple minutes
    longer than usual), unplugged my second monitor, started in safe mode.

Tempuratures seem to be ok. I monitored the temperatures using Speccy (I think that was what its called) and the CPU and MoBo stay under 40 C, while the GPU stays under 55 C (both of these are the max I have seen after it was running for
    a while).

I also used Speccy to check voltages, and they all seem to be ok (last frame before the system shut down listed (+12V) 12.261 V, (+5V) 5.017 V, (CPU Core) 1.392 V, (+3.3V) 3.162 V

If you need any more information I can provide it! I have spent hours scrolling forums which usually suggest PSU or overheating issues, but I have ruled those out (I think?).Thank you for your suggestions!

krconv, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer.

1. Fan comes on and stays on after shutting down computer. - Similar Threads - Fan comes stays

2. Shut down & fan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down & fan speed: Hi there, I have an HP zBook 14G2 running W10, 64 and recently I am not able to shut down completely. When I try fan start at max speed and there is no way to stop. I did remove also battery and re-installed but no way to get rid of this issue. I have also tried the powercfg...
  3. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  4. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  5. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  6. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  7. computer fan comes on, but then stays on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer fan comes on, but then stays on: My PC built last spring, works great. However, if I play a game or watch a video, the fan noise gets very loud. I assume it's detecting a heat issue and trying to cool off something inside. And this is fine, but when the game/video ends, the fans stay on forever.What would...
  8. Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down: Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix:...
  9. Computer Will not stay Shut-down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will not stay Shut-down: Hi all, My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by itself this goes also fro sleep and hibernate I have tried the following methods to resolve the issue but to no avail : 1...
  10. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....