Windows 10: FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

Discus and support FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, i have a lenovo ideapad 320E its specs are i5-7200U 8gb ddr4 2gb nvidia 940 mx ... It recently got short circuited and i had to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aaliq Moin, Aug 8, 2018.

1. FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

Hi guys,

i have a lenovo ideapad 320E

its specs are i5-7200U

8gb ddr4

2gb nvidia 940 mx

It recently got short circuited and i had to get the motherboard replaced,fortunately for me it was covered under warranty

but now when i use dxdiag tool it shows my model is invalid and when i go into BIOS menu it still shows invalid on both mtm and model..

thats least of my problems,also the cooling fan has stopped working...so

1-I cannot use it for my daily gaming

2-cannot do my editing vfx works

3-so ultimately it heats up upto 80-90C under medium load ...

currently im using a seperate cooling pad for it....

can anyone please help me solve the above issues? please????

:)

Aaliq Moin, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Need to Replace my Mobo...

You will have to contact MS Support to get help activating after you replace the MOBO.

There is one exception to the no transfer rule that others have cited. That is when you replace the MOBO under warranty with the same model MOBO. So, get confirmation from HP that this is an equivalent replacement before contacting MS.

Rohn007, Aug 8, 2018
  3. worf105 Win User
    Replacement Chassis Fans

I did look at the ML fans from corsair as I do like and trust corsair stuff but though I give Noctua a try. I do like them. Will be putting my old corsair AF 140mm back in to see me over until I get them replaced. RMA in process just have to send them the LOT code on fan to proceed.

worf105, Aug 8, 2018
  4. worf105 Win User

FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

Replacement Chassis Fans

Time to replace my Corsair AF140 case fans and looking for you input guys

My current fan setup is as follows: (1 or 2 current fans beginning to fail)

• Front: 2 x Corsair AF140 White LED fans (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x Corsair AF140 fan (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

My proposed fan setup: (Budget constraints)

• Front: 2 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Intake)
    • Top (Rad): 2 x NZXT 140mm Aer P radiator-optimized fan (Push Exhaust)
    • Back: 1 x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (Exhaust)
    • Bottom: 1 x Corsair SP120 Fan (Intake)

Recommended by Noctua:

Email support recommendation after asking them for advice:

Dear Andrew.

first of all many thanks for your interest and your inquiry at Noctua.

The best possible Airflow for your case looks as follows:

• Front: 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Back: 1x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Bottom: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black swap.
    This configuration would give you the best possible airflow, but it's neither cost-effective nor quiet.

Here's my recommended configuration.

• Front: 2x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    • Top (Rad): 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap in push mode.
    • Rear: None
    • Bottom: 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    I'll briefly explain why this config is the best in terms of airflow/noise ration and price.

The NF-A14 doesn't like it when there isn't enough space on the suction side and will emit an annoying suction noise if placed in the front of your case. Our NF-S12A PWM has a very neutral and pleasant sound to it, while still moving a lot of air.

Having 2x NF-S12A PWM in the front and 1x NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap on the bottom instead of 2x NF-A14 PWM will give you higher airflow while also being quieter. This solution is a bit expensive but definitively worth it.

It's not necessary to mount fans on the back of your case, since your 3x NF-S12A chromax.black.swap and 2x NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (mounted on the radiator) will provide sufficient airflow.

worf105, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT

1. FAN NOT WORKING AFTER MOBO REPLACEMENT - Similar Threads - FAN WORKING MOBO

2. Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.: Recently, my fan was replaced, because the old fan is making grinding noise. Exactly after the fan replacement, I noticed that my laptop is not getting connected to wifi, after a long amount of time, I noticed that wifi is getting connected only when I sit close to the wifi...
  3. Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wifi and Bluetooth after fan replacement.: Recently, my fan was replaced, because the old fan is making grinding noise. Exactly after the fan replacement, I noticed that my laptop is not getting connected to wifi, after a long amount of time, I noticed that wifi is getting connected only when I sit close to the wifi...
  4. HELP! I Can't Activate My Win10 After Replacing MoBo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HELP! I Can't Activate My Win10 After Replacing MoBo: Hello!I've been going through support options and community support threads for days and can't seem to find an answer that works. PH customer service doesn't seem to exist and only gives me "no routes found" on the prompt no matter what time or day I try to call them.I...
  5. HELP! I Can't Activate My Win10 After Replacing MoBo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I Can't Activate My Win10 After Replacing MoBo: Hello!I've been going through support options and community support threads for days and can't seem to find an answer that works. PH customer service doesn't seem to exist and only gives me "no routes found" on the prompt no matter what time or day I try to call them.I...
  6. CPU Fan running at full after replacement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Fan running at full after replacement: I just swapped out my dying CPU Fan for a new one and since, my pc has been running the fan at full nearly constantly, when I’m not doing anything. Any ideas how to fix it? Seems to be a software thing as the fan is throttling up and down every so often. Thanks. submitted by...
  7. BSOD on a newly replaced MOBO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on a newly replaced MOBO: Hello guys, I had this problem for a few months already and I ha my motherboard replaced to fix the problem. But only after a few days, the same BSOD happened with the same error. Maybe someone can help me with this. Here is the latest dumpfile of the last BSOD....
  8. Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes: Hello all, Long story short, I replaced my motherboard last night and since then I've been having some BSOD, freezes and crashes. Narrowing it down, I think it may be driver related. But honestly, I have no clue. Here are my specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super...
  9. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.

Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.: Hi I have a problem. I upgraded my Windows 8.1 (key from Dreamspark) to Windows 10 in april. After RTM release, everything was OK, but I replaced my old motherboard (because it was just cheap shit and it just broke) to Sabretooth 990FX 2.0. My Windows is now deactivated. I...