Windows 10: Fan speed control

Discus and support Fan speed control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geofflove, Aug 16, 2015.

1. geofflove Win User

Fan speed control

Second question of the day..!

I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now AIsuite 2 or 3 won't.

So is there is simple program which will run under Win 10 which will do a similar job? If it also displays temps RAm et a bit like core temp did so much the better...!

:)

geofflove, Aug 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 taskbar issue.

I use that software to control the fan curve (fan speeds) for the video card. It allows me to have to fan get to speed at lower temps rather than using the default fan setting provided by the video card driver. Meaning the video card runs cooler using
    software to control the fan curve.

markrogers75, Aug 16, 2015
  3. AnD4D Win User
    GPU Problems since WIN10 update

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the PSU is more than enough for the GPU I'm using.

I installed SpeedFan as you suggested, but all is does is show me speeds and temperatures. It doesn't allow me to control anything. My Computer fans are controlled using a switch on the case, and are now set to high (usually only needed low speed). SpeedFan
    just shows the GPU as one single fan, rather than the dual fan setup it current has.

I added the GPU Tweaker 2 manually to the startup folder, and it load up now, turning on the fans. However, I'm still in the position where as soon as the GPU temperature hits around the 30 degree mark, one of the fan speeds maxes out. At this point, when
    I manually change the fan, I can hear the second fan speeding up or slowing down based on my changes, but fan 1 has a mind of its own.

AnD4D, Aug 16, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Fan speed control

Hi,

You can also control the fans directly from the BIOS on that Asus board. If you enable the 'Chassis Q-Fan Control', you will then be able to choose from one of their fan profiles to either reduce noise or increase cooling.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    You could try SpeedFan which cold be newer software. Google SpeedFan and it'll be the first link.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fan speed control

1. Fan speed control - Similar Threads - Fan speed control

2. Fan randomly starts at high speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan randomly starts at high speed: While not doing any cpu intensive tasks, my fan has started up randomly very fast, and i have to restart my laptop to make it go back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-randomly-starts-at-high-speed/1e84cd7c-df8b-49c4-a158-d2ff1f1897b9
  3. Utility for laptop fan control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Utility for laptop fan control?: I've set the cooling option under power control on my new HP ProBook G6 450 laptop to passive and it has the latest BIOS version. I notice the fan turns on at a low speed every few minutes under low CPU load despite the CPU temperatures being only c. 40 degrees. The ambient...
  4. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  5. where does speed fan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where does speed fan: where does speed fan [ATTACH] show speed of my fan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/533fa89d-b7ef-4b93-b062-8e1be8f82224
  6. Software to control fan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to control fan speed: Hi All, I'm looking for a program that can control each fan's speed on my mainboard based on temperature (CPU, GPU accordingly). I've already tried Speedfan but after installed, no fan was recognized and CPU's temperature is wrong. Thanks for your advice.*Smile 106352
  7. Fan control issue

Fan control issue: I recently reinstalled windows to windows 10 previously on windows 8.1. The problem I'm having is with a program called HWInfo64 which controls my laptop fan so I can get it running as silently as possible without it overheating and powering off. Without the program I find...
  8. CPU Fan control error

CPU Fan control error: My laptop is HP 8470p. This problem happened only after I install the Anniversary update. My CPU fan sometimes does not increase speed when the temperature increase. And sometime when it running at full speed with high CPU temperature, it suddenly slow down (not off and CPU...
  9. fan control app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fan control app: Does anyone know of a fan control app that I can use that will work with 10 in place of my asus suite? because for some reason; in the upgraded version of asus suite asus didnt bother to include the "fax xpert" fan control that was found in the windows 7 version. And i tried...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...