Windows 10: Fan speed control

Discus and support Fan speed control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geofflove, Aug 16, 2015.

1. geofflove Win User

Fan speed control

Second question of the day..!

I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now AIsuite 2 or 3 won't.

So is there is simple program which will run under Win 10 which will do a similar job? If it also displays temps RAm et a bit like core temp did so much the better...!

:)

geofflove, Aug 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 taskbar issue.

I use that software to control the fan curve (fan speeds) for the video card. It allows me to have to fan get to speed at lower temps rather than using the default fan setting provided by the video card driver. Meaning the video card runs cooler using
    software to control the fan curve.

markrogers75, Aug 16, 2015
  3. AnD4D Win User
    GPU Problems since WIN10 update

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the PSU is more than enough for the GPU I'm using.

I installed SpeedFan as you suggested, but all is does is show me speeds and temperatures. It doesn't allow me to control anything. My Computer fans are controlled using a switch on the case, and are now set to high (usually only needed low speed). SpeedFan
    just shows the GPU as one single fan, rather than the dual fan setup it current has.

I added the GPU Tweaker 2 manually to the startup folder, and it load up now, turning on the fans. However, I'm still in the position where as soon as the GPU temperature hits around the 30 degree mark, one of the fan speeds maxes out. At this point, when
    I manually change the fan, I can hear the second fan speeding up or slowing down based on my changes, but fan 1 has a mind of its own.

AnD4D, Aug 16, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Fan speed control

Hi,

You can also control the fans directly from the BIOS on that Asus board. If you enable the 'Chassis Q-Fan Control', you will then be able to choose from one of their fan profiles to either reduce noise or increase cooling.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    You could try SpeedFan which cold be newer software. Google SpeedFan and it'll be the first link.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fan speed control

1. Fan speed control - Similar Threads - Fan speed control

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  5. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  6. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

7. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to control the fan speed?: I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed... If you know a way then...
  8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service Allows Fan Speed Control: Hi Everyone. I have lost the ability to control my fan speed after doing a clean boot. Normally I can set the fan to max speed for gaming using a program called nerve center (causing it to spin faster than it does under automatic control). Now that option is missing. I tried...
  10. Software to control fan speed

Software to control fan speed: Hi All, I'm looking for a program that can control each fan's speed on my mainboard based on temperature (CPU, GPU accordingly). I've already tried Speedfan but after installed, no fan was recognized and CPU's temperature is wrong. Thanks for your advice.*Smile 106352