Windows 10: Fan Speed

Discus and support Fan Speed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SilentGuy952, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Fan Speed

I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?

:)

SilentGuy952, Apr 14, 2024
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 14, 2024
  3. Looking for a simple fan speed utility

I'd like to get a fan speed utility to control fan speeds of all my system fans. I've been looking at many but most have a ton more features than I want or understand. Does anyone have any suggestions for a simple utility that will do the job, show me the speeds of all system fans without getting too overboard in features. Thanks in advance

Logical Ron, Apr 14, 2024
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Fan Speed

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

Fan Speed

1. Fan Speed - Similar Threads - Fan Speed

2. Is my GPU dead or is there some other internal issue? Fans blast at full speed with no display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my GPU dead or is there some other internal issue? Fans blast at full speed with no display.: 750w thermal take psu Ryzen 5 550016gb ddr4 PXY Ram1tb M.2 SSD Samsung 980 I thinkB550 styled Motherboard As mentioned in the questions title, My GPU MSI Ventus RTX 3060ti oc edition has been having this issue where I boot my pc and at first shows the pc loading into windows...
  3. Is my GPU dead or is there some other internal issue? Fans blast at full speed with no display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my GPU dead or is there some other internal issue? Fans blast at full speed with no display.: 750w thermal take psu Ryzen 5 550016gb ddr4 PXY Ram1tb M.2 SSD Samsung 980 I thinkB550 styled Motherboard As mentioned in the questions title, My GPU MSI Ventus RTX 3060ti oc edition has been having this issue where I boot my pc and at first shows the pc loading into windows...
  4. fan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fan speed: I have an hp pavilion X360 - M3 - U101DX and I would like to get rid of "cool sense" and then set the fan speed manually. I have searched on line and just was sent in circles. Can you help?...
  5. fan speed

fan speed: I have an hp pavilion X360 - M3 - U101DX and I would like to get rid of "cool sense" and then set the fan speed manually. I have searched on line and just was sent in circles. Can you help?...
  6. fan speed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PSU FAN AND FANS ARE IN FULL SPEED AND DOESN'T BOOT UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSU FAN AND FANS ARE IN FULL SPEED AND DOESN'T BOOT UP: My pc is not booting up it say's No Network I tried to replace the hdmi cable but its still the same. When i plugged it in at first the fans are not so loud and fast but after 30 seconds the fans is running in crazy speed. I tried reseating the ram and cpu but its still the...
  8. PSU FAN AND FANS ARE IN FULL SPEED AND DOESN'T BOOT UP

PSU FAN AND FANS ARE IN FULL SPEED AND DOESN'T BOOT UP: My pc is not booting up it say's No Network I tried to replace the hdmi cable but its still the same. When i plugged it in at first the fans are not so loud and fast but after 30 seconds the fans is running in crazy speed. I tried reseating the ram and cpu but its still the...
  9. Cooling fan throttle and High CPU Speed on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cooling fan throttle and High CPU Speed on Lock Screen: I have a Asus ProArt Studiobook 16 and the cooling fans seem to get switched off when device enters lock screen mode. Temps climb to 195 - 205 95+C if left unattended too long. Utilizing tracking software, cpu Ghz also climb to 4.6Ghz while on lock screen mode. Still trying...
  10. Cooling fan throttle and High CPU Speed on Lock Screen

Cooling fan throttle and High CPU Speed on Lock Screen: I have a Asus ProArt Studiobook 16 and the cooling fans seem to get switched off when device enters lock screen mode. Temps climb to 195 - 205 95+C if left unattended too long. Utilizing tracking software, cpu Ghz also climb to 4.6Ghz while on lock screen mode. Still trying...