Windows 10: Fast boot not always working

Discus and support Fast boot not always working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got problem with fastboot since Windows 8. The problem is that fastboot doesn't always property run, this is: I power off computer, then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kj10, Sep 24, 2017.

1. kj10 Win User

Fast boot not always working

Hi, I've got problem with fastboot since Windows 8. The problem is that fastboot doesn't always property run, this is: I power off computer, then I turn it on and fastboot doesn't work. So I turn off and on computer again and fastboot works property. When I restart computer the problems repeats. I had it in Windows 8, 8.1, 10 (every update always install in UEFI mode).
    Maybe should I change some options in UEFI?

:)

2. Wagsport Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow to boot up

Sorry it didn't work for you - I guess it was always a long shot. Funnily enough, on my PC the effect of turning OFF fast startup is reproducible. With fast startup turned ON, the boot is either very slow or it stalls on the first attempt, while a subsequent
    boot gives a quick start; with fast startup turned OFF, the first boot always works normally. Can a computer experience a placebo effect? ;-)

Wagsport, Sep 24, 2017
  3. How do I change the startup sound in Win 10

I was able to find a fix to change the startup sound.

I also found this doesn't always work if you have fast boot on. I'm finding sometimes the fast boot skips over the sound.

CraigBennett II, Sep 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. Most asus haswell motherboards and x99 motherboards have a bug in their bios and fast boot dont work after restart.
    If you restart the first shutdown with fast boot dont work, then the second shutdown works ok untill you restart.
    The bug is totally in motherboards because only with the onboard card the problem still exists.

This pattern seems to be repeatable. If you hibernate your computer, wake it up and then perform a series of shutdowns and turn-on, fast startup in windows 10 seems to work just fine and doesn't throw errors.

However, once you do a reboot, and then perform shutdown and turn-on, every time you do it, you get the following errors:

-Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The strange thing is, if you repeat the process of doing a hibernation and waking it up, it works again, until the next reboot. It's as if the restart is corrupting the hibernation process used by fast startup.

personally I've tried:
    Change psu with haswell compatible
    removing all HDDs except my main boot drive
    disabled fast boot in uefi
    updated UEFI bios to latest
    install windows 10 in uefi and in legacy mode
    unplugged all usb devices
    unplugged all internal cards
    Change graphic card with amd and a nvidia and onboard

So i bought an asrock motherboard and i used the same install in my ssd and it works every time.

Old motherboard b85 plus new asrock z97 aniversarry.

boombastik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Fast boot not always working

1. Fast boot not always working - Similar Threads - Fast boot always

2. Fast boot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast boot option: How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and...
  3. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  4. Turning off Fast Boot

Turning off Fast Boot: Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiwqb5/turning_off_fast_boot/
  5. wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely: wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely . how to use both fast boot and wifi ? i reinstalled the driver but nothing happen [ATTACH]...
  6. Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?

Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?: For years I had Fast Boot disabled because I only had a 120gb SSD and wanted to save space by not having the hibernation-file eating more. Now that I moved to a 512gb SSD I reenabled Fast Boot and it worked great for a few days but now when I shut down my PC Windows seemingly...
  7. fast boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  8. Fast boot, slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  9. Fast boot no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot no longer working: HP notebook 250 G5 seems caused by autoupdate of the corporate antivirus (sophos endpoint) same day the issue begin all was working fine, doing every day start->shut down->shut down the next update worked with fast boot now i have no errors but the system is started...
  10. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...