Windows 10: Fast boot, slow restart

Discus and support Fast boot, slow restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by keops, Apr 29, 2016.

1. keops Win User

Fast boot, slow restart

Hi,

I'm a bit confused:

Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10 seconds) Can someone explain why is this difference, and can it be helped?

Thanks.

:)

keops, Apr 29, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

nvidia driver issues resulting in various blue screens of death

Hi!

Yes I was freezing and recovering. Then when booting got a W10 UEFI Bois boot error and kept restarting. Not exactly like yours but similar. But it affected the video drivers. Once I bypassed the UEFI Bios it booted. I also disabled fast boot in powers option
    and let it boot slow giving W10 time to load drivers. Then re-enabled fast boot.

She is running now.

Teddy2016, Apr 29, 2016
  3. dowen7 Win User
    What your fisrt impressions of win 10 all who have it?

Boot up time is really slow compared to 8.1. I loved how fast my 8.1 PC booted up. I may go back to 8.1 if this slow boot problem doesn't get patched.

dowen7, Apr 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Fast boot, slow restart

Fast startup is standard enabled, but only for when you turn on Windows 10. With a reboot fast startup isn't used so the system has to initialize everything when you boot.

5. keops Win User
    Ok, thnx for letting me know.

keops, Apr 30, 2016
  6. Fabler Win User
    It's to do with fast boot using hiberfil.sys . If fast boot is enabled then you also have hibernate enabled. On shutdown with hibernate enabled it will take a few seconds longer to shut down as it is writing info to the hiberfil.sys folder. That means a faster boot up time. Although I found it doesn't shave off too many seconds. If you do disable hibernate then your shutdown will be very fast as Windows won't have any work to do. Boot up will be slightly slower although 70 seconds isn't bad.

Rebooting is initialising all your drivers from afresh and is the same as if you disable hibernate and fast boot.

Fabler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fast boot, slow restart

1. Fast boot, slow restart - Similar Threads - Fast boot slow

2. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  3. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  4. System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup: [ATTACH] I have newly installed a system. Since I installed the system. The restart time keeps around 15 mins. The shutdown time is around 10s, as is the startup. This PC uses an SSD as system drive, and have 8G DDR4 RAM. I installed the upgrades. disabled the fast...
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast: I am refurbishing a desktop machine which entails wiping the disk and installing a fairly up-to-date iso of Win10 Pro. Win 10 installed fine and was activated then run Windows Update until up-to-date. Then installed Office Home & Bus 2010 and run Windows Update again until...
  6. Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast: I am refurbishing a desktop machine which entails wiping the disk and installing a fairly up-to-date iso of Win10 Pro. Win 10 installed fine and was activated then run Windows Update until up-to-date. Then installed Office Home & Bus 2010 and run Windows Update again until...
  7. Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast: Yes, I have that famous bug of Wndows 10. When I shut down my PC, and then turn on it with the button of the case, the System boot very fast, like in15 seconds, but when I restarting the system, it delays like 2 minutes to restart (I talking from the Bios screen) But that...
  8. Slow Ultra Fast Boot

Slow Ultra Fast Boot: Windows 10 Pro x64 PL installed in UEFI mode Asrock Z87 Extreme3 with newest UEFI I5-4690k Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1 with newest vbios SSD Goodram C40 240 GB connected to first SATA port 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM My problem is slow system start even if i set Ultra Fast Boot...
  9. Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot

Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot: Hello, My Lenovo laptop is pretty fast at cold boot. It takes about 12 seconds from initial bios screen to desktop. On the other hand, warm boot is really slow. The same period takes about 51 seconds, involving a long black screen. Actually, it was similiar at...
  10. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup fast bus restart slow

2. windows 10 cold boot very fast restart slower