Windows 10: Fast GPU's

Discus and support Fast GPU's in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why You (Probably) Dont Need a Crazy-Powerful GPU Like the GTX 1080 Ti For us PC gamers, there’s a desire for the latest and greatest hardware,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fast GPU's

Why You (Probably) Dont Need a Crazy-Powerful GPU Like the GTX 1080 Ti

Read more at the source, just wondering what Gamers thought about this?

:)

Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2017

2. Why s60 is so slow working OS?

Its not THAT slow. Considering that the phone is running on only 434Mhz proc power with no GPU, the apparent slowness should be obvious (try handling a Satio or Omnia HD, s60v5 but 600Mhz with GPU...fast).

chanchan05, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Cortana is a piece of software build into Windows to spy and gather information on users. Why can it not be disabled??

I should also add, that i have a degree in Mathematics. I understand fourier transforms. I understand that they are needed to convert sounds into written language. I also understand that there are fast-fourier transforms also that are more efficient. I also
    appreciate that fourier transforms utilise a lot of linear algebra constructs, that are provided by the GPU.

So when Cortana is diabled, and I see that it's using the GPU, it worries me. This to me tells me clearly that it's processing sounds in the vicinity. There is no reason at all for Cortana to be using the GPU unless it's doing fast-fourier transforms.

Can you explain to me why it's using the GPU when it's "disabled"?

Wibblewerwerwe, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Fast GPU's

I settled for a 1070 because of price, but would love to have a 1080ti

Dude, Dec 3, 2017
  5. I settled for a 1060 but all of my games play just fine on it including COD ww II, so the Geek may have a point..

Josey Wales, Dec 3, 2017
  6. I went dual 1080 Ti because I was able to get them (relatively) cheaply via EVGA's Step-Up program, plus it gives me the comfort of knowing that I should be able to run AAA titles at Very High to Ultra settings for the next 3 or 4 years, at least. Being able to crank up a beautiful game like GTA V or Assassin's Creed Origins to their highest settings and enjoying the absolutely breathtaking views in the games is absolutely worth what I paid for the cards.

blackroseMD1, Dec 4, 2017
  7. I want dual Nvidia Titans but I do not have $2500.00 laying around..*Smile

Josey Wales, Dec 4, 2017
  8. Fast GPU's

I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself. *chuckle

blackroseMD1, Dec 5, 2017
  9. I have a 1070 and play all games including my latest COD WW2 at the highest settings and everything runs and looks perfect.

stealth2920, Dec 5, 2017
  10. I have a 1060 and it plays WW2 good as well, so the Geek may have a point.

Josey Wales, Dec 5, 2017
  11. Hi,
    Just wait a year and even the 1080ti's will be pretty dirt cheap *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 5, 2017
  12. hondacrv Win User
    have a 750ti in mine currently upgraded from a OEM GT 635. runs all the games i want to play on high or ultra at 1080p. did not see the need to shell out for a 960 and have to spend even more money on a new power supply as the XPS 8700 only comes with a 460w power supply.

hondacrv, Dec 5, 2017
  13. MrNeeds Win User

Fast GPU's

CEX sell a GTX 770 2GB for dirt cheap already, I got one from them and it's flawless (comes with 2 year warranty)

MrNeeds, Dec 5, 2017
  14. Got a 980 ti, seems very capable and not been tripped up by anything. I don’t do 4K gaming just 1080 so hopefully it’ll be good for a few years to come

Scottyboy99, Dec 8, 2017
  15. clam1952 Win User
    Likewise using a 980ti and it's more than capable.

clam1952, Dec 8, 2017
Thema:

Fast GPU's

1. Fast GPU's - Similar Threads - Fast GPU's

2. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  3. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  4. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  5. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  6. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  8. How do I disable fast startup?

How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  9. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  10. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...: Hello, I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my GPU spin up fast and just keep going until...