Windows 10: Fast-startup and keyboard boot

Discus and support Fast-startup and keyboard boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrostyWinnipeg, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting down and i've noticed that all it takes for me to turn on the computer is to hit any key.

Now I know that Windows 10 uses a form of hibernation when shutting down but this is akin to sleep mode where any key wakes it up.

My question is whether this is a Win10 thing or more of the desktops(Asus) UEFI thing?

Not hating it, just never noticed it.

:)

FrostyWinnipeg, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Rob Welsh Win User

Windows 10 Fast Startup Boot Fail

Since about the update to W10 V1607 a Fast Startup enabled boot stalls. The four window panes appear but the circle of dots chasing it's tail do not. Prior to V1607 Fast Startup was working. Update KB3194798 failed, but was subsequently successful. A "sfc
    /scannow" didn't turn up any problems, and its to early for a boot log. Any suggestions for tracking down this annoying little problem?

Rob Welsh, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

Fast startup on windows 10 anniversary

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting Startup issue, kindly refer to this

link

Should you have questions or clarifications, let us know.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Fast-startup and keyboard boot

1. Fast-startup and keyboard boot - Similar Threads - Fast startup keyboard

2. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  3. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  4. Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting

Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting: So i decided to disable fast startup on Windows 10 to save energy, but since i did, i started having problems when booting. when i try to turn on my computer it enters like an iddle state, all the fans and rgb lighting turns on, but it doesn't post or shows any sing of...
  5. Is Fast Boot/Startup good or bad for a HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Fast Boot/Startup good or bad for a HDD?: Why is it good or bad whether it's turned on or off? 146224
  6. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  7. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  8. Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!

in Windows 10 Support
    Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!: This isn't really new advice, and it's in fact quite well known, but this should be a sticky in this forum: Do not, ever, have WinX's Fast Startup option enabled if through whatever means you anticipate booting your system into an OS other than the one you just hibernated...
  9. Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Fast Startup Kernel Boot Errors: Hi everyone... I have received some critical kernel boot messages in Event Viewer after every start-up. Just a few pointers: - Fast Startup is Enabled - UEFI Fast Boot is enabled in BIOS These are the error messages: 1. Event ID 29: Windows failed fast startup...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...