Windows 10: Fast startup causes shutdown problem

Discus and support Fast startup causes shutdown problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Turning off Fast startup under Choose what pushing power button solves a shudown problem. Besides cache, what is Windows anniversary sending to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LASTTEN, Sep 25, 2016.

1. LASTTEN Win User

Fast startup causes shutdown problem

Turning off Fast startup under Choose what pushing power button solves a shudown problem.
    Besides cache, what is Windows anniversary sending to the disk before it actually SHUTSDOWN?

:)

LASTTEN, Sep 25, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows 10 fails to restart after shutdown

Hi,

The shutdown command you are using is different than the one that happens with the Shutdown button...

That is the Win 7 type shutdown command before Fast Startup was implemented...

From what I could find, this is the command now in use for Fast Startup...

shutdown /s /hybrid /t xxx , although for some reason I was thinking it used a Taskill command...

Depending on how you turned off Hibernation, fast Startup may or may not have been turned off as well... If you just unchecked the box, Fast Startup will probably still work if it isn't unchecked...

If you used the command Powercfg -h off to turn off Hibernation, it should have shutdown Fast Startup as well...

The underlying cause of your problem s a driver\process of some type that is not working well with the Fast Startup\Hybrid shutdown...

slance310, Sep 25, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    I installed windows 10 3 days ago and every morning my PC requires a hard start

Hi,

Most people end up with Fast Startup causing a problem as the result of some type of driver that isn't quite right...

The settings for the Power Button and Sleep are unrelated to Fast Startup...

Fast Startup is a type of hybrid Hibernation...

In your case, Fast Startup is not starting your machine fast... Not if you have to forcibly shutdown before it will complete a boot...

slance310, Sep 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Fast startup causes so many problems, I would not even know, where to start. *Rolleyes

Fast startup causes shutdown problem [​IMG]

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode

Obviously, in order to boot up a few secs faster, you have to give up something, like reliability and security.

TairikuOkami, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    And also Wake On Lan (WOL) for some like me .... if Fast Startup is enabled the NIC is put to sleep so you can not get Link and thus no Magic Packets, at least on the Intel NIC I have on an Asus X99A II

KB

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fast startup causes shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Fast startup causes

2. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  3. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  4. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  5. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  6. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  7. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  8. Fast Startup Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Problem: Why?? [ATTACH] Pls Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-problem/83b79418-91e7-45d9-b01a-6477e9e54bd3
  9. Problems with fast startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with fast startup.: So, i have set the fast startup to ON. It works, but sometimes it just automaticallyturns off by itself. I don't do anything. When i turn it back on, it works fine. But after a while, it turns off again....
  10. Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.: Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up. This happens only when I use Shutdown. I disabled the Fast Startup and now it boots correctly but very slow but that is predictable since it hybrid boot was disabled. I have windows 10 Home and...