Windows 10: Fast startup not working

Discus and support Fast startup not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'v got a problem. I had 1TB HDD and fast startup was working for me, but when I move my system to a 120GB SSD, I cannot enable it. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fuilares, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Fuilares Win User

Fast startup not working

Hello, I'v got a problem. I had 1TB HDD and fast startup was working for me, but when I move my system to a 120GB SSD, I cannot enable it. Any help? I'v got Win 10 PRO x64 and laptop MSI GE72-2qf

:)

Fuilares, Jan 7, 2016

2. Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

I ran chkdsk on my 4 storage drives it rebooted and went on scanning and repairing. It went on for 4 hours and I didn't connected my laptop to ac power so it turned off . Suddenly I realised it and connected to power and turned on. It went on again and
    took 6 hours to complete and rebooted. And now fast startup not working now.

AnubhavTripathi, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 7, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Fast startup not working

You mean the checkbox is greyed out?

Private, Jan 7, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Is hibernation enabled? How do you know fast startup isn't working- what symptom do you see?

dalchina, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Fuilares Win User
    Fast boot and hibernate is checked, also its enabled in gpedit. I know that fast boot isnt working because I'm always getting double boot screen when its off

Fuilares, Jan 7, 2016
  7. Private Win User
    Please uncheck the Fast Startup checkbox, shut the computer down and start it back. That's for confirmation if the feature broken or not by comparing boot time.

Private, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Fuilares Win User

Fast startup not working

No difference. Same boot time as before

Fuilares, Jan 7, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Fast startup not working

1. Fast startup not working - Similar Threads - Fast startup working

2. Fast Startup is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Startup is not working: My laptop is MSI GF63 thin 11UC 8gb ram 512gb ssd, intel i7 11th gen, windows 11. Previously, fast startup is working properly in my pc but later I have turned off hibernation. when I turned on hibernation, fast startup is not working. my system is up to date [Windows 11...
  3. Fast Startup is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup is not working: My laptop is MSI GF63 thin 11UC 8gb ram 512gb ssd, intel i7 11th gen, windows 11. Previously, fast startup is working properly in my pc but later I have turned off hibernation. when I turned on hibernation, fast startup is not working. my system is up to date [Windows 11...
  4. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  5. Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working: I am having an issue with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. My brother and I both use the PC for gaming and we use separate Windows User accounts (Mine is admin, his is regular). The problem we have is when one of use uses the PC before the other the GeForce Experience in...
  6. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  7. Fast startup not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup not working: Hello, I'm having difficulties getting fast startup to work on a brand new PC (built a month ago) running Win10 Home x64 And I do mean windows' fast startup feature, not fast boot in BIOS, which is currently disabled At first I noticed recuring Kernel-Boot errors...
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...