Windows 10: Fast user switching signs me out

Discus and support Fast user switching signs me out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 3 local user accounts. When I try to switch between them, my apps are closed and I get signed out. I've tried the 6 different methods in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by arnoldh, Aug 5, 2015.

1. arnoldh Win User

Fast user switching signs me out

I have 3 local user accounts. When I try to switch between them, my apps are closed and I get signed out.

I've tried the 6 different methods in this tutorial The Switch User option does not appear in the option list in response to Ctrl+Alt+Del. It does appear in the list when Alt+F4 is pressed. But whichever of the 6 methods I use when switching, the current account gets signed off.

I just installed the system (build 10240) a day ago, and have done very little to it so far.

Has anyone else had problems with user switching?

:)

arnoldh, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Fast user switching logs user out

Hi Brett,

The issue that you are having across multiple user accounts is best handled on our TechNet forums. This forum contains IT professionals that focus more on advanced technical discussions related to your concern.

We have found some threads related to it that can provide you with some tips and recommendations in addressing the concern. If the suggestions did not work for you, you can submit your own query so they can assist you accordingly. Kindly click this
    link to check it.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Fast user switching logs user out

Hello,

I have an issue where domain users can't switch accounts when they select switch it signs them out instead.

I have tried Rebooting \ changing GP to disable fast user switching rebooted and enabled it this still logs the user off.

The machine has all latest windows updates and apparently, this is a recent issue and was previously working. I have also done some google research to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

BrettMatthews1, Aug 5, 2015
  4. arnoldh Win User

Seems like I'm the only person with this problem.

Can someone with the final release build 10240 help me verify the options you get from Ctr+Alt+Del? I'm missing Switch User. I just have:

Lock
    Sign Out
    Change a password
    Task Manager

This is different from the screenshot for option 4 in the tutorial referenced above. Brink's screenshot does have Switch User, but that may because it was taken from a previous build.

I don't know how to get switch user working. I suppose something could have happened to my system. So I want to check if the system as released is missing Switch User on Ctrl+Alt+Del

Can anyone on the release build 10240 of Win 10 Pro please check this for me?

arnoldh, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Aleksey Win User
    Hi,

I have similar problem on Win 10 Enterprise, installed on Oracle VM. I have switch user option, but I forced to sign off every time I use it. However, I have no problem with switching users on my tablet PC. I used the same iso to install Win 10 on VM and tablet

Aleksey, Aug 6, 2015
  6. When I try to switch to Guest user from my profile picture in start, I get black screen, then login screen for my account. Guest does not show on my login screen, but is active. It is a fast login, like it is switching back to my account.

lagunasrfr, Aug 6, 2015
  7. I have a magicjack, and just to test the waters I did a dualboot and put windows 10 pro on a separate partition to try it out. My wife and I share the PC but I keep the magicjack interface on her user profile. I've noticed thou, when switching between profiles, the magicjack will stop working when I'm on my profile. It's like she's being signed out, but she's not. With Windows 7 the magicjack can still be working in the background on her side when I switch over to mine.

This is a big dealbreaker holding me back from switching permanently to Windows 10. I hope a work around can be discovered.

jetblack927, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fast user switching signs me out - Similar Threads - Fast user switching

2. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  3. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  4. hide Fast user switching in Windows 11

hide Fast user switching in Windows 11: How do you hide Fast user switching in Windows 11I have done the GPEdit and Regedit methods to enable hide Fast user switching and restarted but the option to switch is still thereAlways worked with GPEdit on Windows 10...
  5. hide Fast user switching in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hide Fast user switching in Windows 11: How do you hide Fast user switching in Windows 11I have done the GPEdit and Regedit methods to enable hide Fast user switching and restarted but the option to switch is still thereAlways worked with GPEdit on Windows 10...
  6. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  7. User sign out/sign in

User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  8. Black screen whenever i sign out or switch users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen whenever i sign out or switch users: My dell device running windows 10 64 bit is having some newly discovered weird issue after a clean install, whenever i sign out or switch users i would get a black screen without cursor, no keyboard shortcuts seem to be working not even alt+ctrl+del. The only way out is...
  9. Fast User Switching disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fast User Switching disappeared: I have two users on my Windows 10 Home I used to be able to switch users very quickly, by either using the start menu, control-alt-delete, or ALT-F4 because there would be a "Switch Users" selection that puts me back into the login screen. And in the login screen, the two...
  10. how do we switch users without signing out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do we switch users without signing out?: We’ve had trouble switching between 2 users. We never had a “switch users” option. We would click on the icon for the other user and at first it worked. Then it started locking up the computer and the only way we could switch was to sign out and the other user sign in. Now it...