Windows 10: Fastboot/unmounting

Discus and support Fastboot/unmounting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am dual booting with Kubuntu. Despite turning off fastboot, I still cannot get Windows to unmount on shutdown. Also Shift+shutdown doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cjs1949, May 2, 2016.

1. cjs1949 Win User

Fastboot/unmounting

Hi, I am dual booting with Kubuntu. Despite turning off fastboot, I still cannot get Windows to unmount on shutdown. Also Shift+shutdown doesn't work. When trying to access the NTFS disk in kubuntu I get the usual "still mounted" message. Any ideas anyone?

:)

cjs1949, May 2, 2016
  2. PierreS. Win User

Keypad not working on Windows 10

I can help now...

i have found the problem.

deactivate fastboot at energy options / shut down

its not only fastboot at bios!

it gave fastboot at win 10 too.

PierreS., May 2, 2016
  3. Mischmi Win User
    Installing Windows 10 - ATI Radeon X1200 Display not supported!?

Disable "fastboot" and your Dell will probably boot without your workaround with the power button.

My old Toshiba did the same until I read about problems with fastboot on older machines somewhere.

Mischmi, May 2, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Fastboot/unmounting

See if this still works. It should cause the disks to dismount if it still works. It was on an earlier version of Windows 10.

[youtube]hmDmaKLbi4Y[/youtube]

essenbe, May 2, 2016
  5. cjs1949 Win User
    Thanks for the reply but I've already been through this, it still doesn't unmount.

cjs1949, May 3, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    Try using option 2 in this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html . If it still won't work, right click the start flag and select command prompt (Admin) and type/paste this into the window powercfg -h off That will disable Hibernate. You won't be able to use Hibernate but it should force a shutdown and unmount the disks.

essenbe, May 3, 2016
  7. cjs1949 Win User
    The powercfg command did the trick, thanks so much for that, that goes in the little black book!

cjs1949, May 3, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Fastboot/unmounting

Great, I'm glad it worked for you. Usually just the first suggestion works. I don't know why it didn't, but the hiberfile is necessary for fast startup to work. Thanks for letting us know the results.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fastboot/unmounting

1. Fastboot/unmounting - Similar Threads - Fastboot unmounting

2. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADB and Fastboot: Hi I have difficulty with finding my phone in CMD. Fastboot devices and ADB devices can not be found in CMD.I have changed cable. Installed latest drivers but they are not compatible I am using Lenovo x240 and the phone I want to flash is Samsung m10s.I have downloaded latest...
  3. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADB and Fastboot: Hi I have difficulty with finding my phone in CMD. Fastboot devices and ADB devices can not be found in CMD.I have changed cable. Installed latest drivers but they are not compatible I am using Lenovo x240 and the phone I want to flash is Samsung m10s.I have downloaded latest...
  4. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ADB and fASTBOot not working while i have updated everythin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADB and fASTBOot not working while i have updated everythin: Hi I have a Lenovo laptop and have updated everything but still it can not find Fastboot devices. i have installed latest drivers and changed the cable.I have SDK Tool. reinstalled windows but still not working.Thanks...
  6. ADB and fASTBOot not working while i have updated everythin

ADB and fASTBOot not working while i have updated everythin: Hi I have a Lenovo laptop and have updated everything but still it can not find Fastboot devices. i have installed latest drivers and changed the cable.I have SDK Tool. reinstalled windows but still not working.Thanks...
  7. ADB and fASTBOot not working while i have updated everythin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I fix fastboot only signing out my user when I shut down?

How do I fix fastboot only signing out my user when I shut down?: My PC doesn't shut down when fast boot is enabled... It works when it's disabled, but when I enable it again, the shutdown all of the possible ways to shut down just logs out my user, then asks me to sign out again. Is there an easy fix to this, where I can still use fast...
  9. How do I fix fastboot only signing out my user when I shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix fastboot only signing out my user when I shut down?: My PC doesn't shut down when fast boot is enabled... It works when it's disabled, but when I enable it again, the shutdown all of the possible ways to shut down just logs out my user, then asks me to sign out again. Is there an easy fix to this, where I can still use fast...
  10. Fastboot not working or detecting device on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fastboot not working or detecting device on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will see what you can do if Fastboot is not working on Windows 11/10. The Fastboot binary is rather complex to use. It is a protocol that is used for sending commands to your Android phone over USB. You can use the Fastboot commands to unlock the...