Windows 10: Faster Windows 10 host with several Win 10 guests

Discus and support Faster Windows 10 host with several Win 10 guests in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I run several windows 10 virtual machines at the same time on my workstation at work. Sometimes when they were idle, the the Disk IO would hit 100% due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pete1208, Oct 7, 2015.

1. pete1208 Win User

Faster Windows 10 host with several Win 10 guests

I run several windows 10 virtual machines at the same time on my workstation at work. Sometimes when they were idle, the the Disk IO would hit 100% due to windows defender doing a scan, etc... (checked via resource monitor) Well that would clobber the host and other VMs. And when two VM's started doing it, game over.

So I followed the instructions on this site (nice work BTW) to turn off windows defender for the VM's and rebooted. Wow, what a difference. Login was faster too. The 100% disk hit after login was shorter.

Now I may put on an AV program where I can control what its up to. Webroot is my favorite for performance in VMs. But most of the VMs aren't used to browse the web / email, etc...

Just wanted to share!

:)

pete1208, Oct 7, 2015
  2. RonFer Win User

Using win 10 and a Hyper-V virtual client

Thank you. Can I open one application from the host client(win 10) and another application from the guest client (win xp) at the same time? Can I access and use the open windows displayed from the two applications on the fly?

The host client AND the guest client are accessing the same server to retrieve data.

RonFer, Oct 7, 2015
  3. purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now, VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC

what you mean "... backup and export.."???

After install VM [guest win 10] on host Windows 10 can transfer to Mac? I listen win 10 sees the hardware?

can I transfer win 10 VM from PC to Mac...?

Lse123polis, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Faster Windows 10 host with several Win 10 guests

1. Faster Windows 10 host with several Win 10 guests - Similar Threads - Faster host several

2. Windows 10 guest iso on Windows 10 host via Virtual machines.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 guest iso on Windows 10 host via Virtual machines.: So Ive had this issue for the past couple months, almost any other imgae I use in vmware, virtualbox and Linode, work just fine. However for some reason when KI try to run Windows 10 in a vm its just insane. Vmware works, but does not let me disable bidirectional behavior,...
  3. i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i3-4170 would it be faster on win 7 or win 10?: I read some machines actually run faster on win 10, wanted to get your feedback before reformatting the computer. I recently upgraded the dd3 ram to 8gb, so should sufficient for win 10? What else can I do to make the best of what I currently have? I have an internal non-SSD...
  4. VMware WS, WIndows 10 2004, GUest and Host - Lockups - with Snip tool

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware WS, WIndows 10 2004, GUest and Host - Lockups - with Snip tool: Guys, I had been happily running VMware Workstation 14.1 for quite a while, host and guest were on W10 Pro 1809. Upgraded the guest to 2004 over the weekend and was told on restart that there were compatibility issues with the version of Vmware. Upgraded that to 15.5.2 and...
  5. is win 10 faster then win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is win 10 faster then win 7: Win 10 recovery? Like win 7 you could b /u if an extra drive was available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-win-10-faster-then-win-7/79d28032-5f8c-4913-a4c0-45eddaedc1e9
  6. 0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest: Hi, I bought my laptop with Win10 pre-installed but then I decided to remove it to install Ubuntu and then have my windows 10 running from a virtual machine (Virtualbox). Before removing original pre-installed W10, I downloaded the ISO file. After intalling ubuntu, I...
  7. Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM)

Linux Host HYPERVISOR to Windows 10 Guests passthru (KVM): Hi folks for those using Linux Hosts and want to try out a hypervisor (built in in typical Linux distros) where you can pass thru video / usb stuff to guests - Windows 10 runs fine -- just follow steps in this link Running Windows 10 on Linux using KVM with VGA Passthrough s...
  8. Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host)

Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host): I have deleted Win 10 from my harddrive. And with Virtualbox I have Win 7 running now. But I cannot get Win 10 installed. Any clue how to proceed? Would appreciate your assistance Daniel 3432
  9. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualbox win 10 guest very slow: Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%). Is there a way to solve this issue? 105040
  10. Win 10 A Host of Erratic Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 A Host of Erratic Issues: About a week ago my system started acting up. I've scanned for viri but haven't found any. Various issues: 1. In main menu, all apps: rapid, uncontrolled scrolling. 2. In Chrome and Win Explorer, scrolling limited to one page per click. 3. Occasional drop down...