Windows 10: fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations

Discus and support fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no need for a docking station but I want to try out the USB-C port and see what if any all of the fuss is about. In the past I never really paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Dec 27, 2017.

1. fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations

I have no need for a docking station but I want to try out the USB-C port and see what if any all of the fuss is about. In the past I never really paid to much attention to the controllers on the flash drives I have purchased which if I am not mistaken vary wildly and are responsible for the read/ write speeds. Any recommendations appreciated. Looking for 128GB range.

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 27, 2017
  2. Ekitrak Win User

Nokia N8-00 "Unsupported USB Device" Error with Flash Drive (Corsair Flash Voyager GTR 32GB)

I'm getting an "Unsupported USB Device" Error when I connect my Corsair Flash Voyager GTR 32GB Flash Drive to my Nokia N8. I don't intend on changing my Flash Drive because it just happens to be the fastest USB 2.0 Flash drive in the world... Will Nokia
    be fixing this issue with a firmware update?

Ekitrak, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Read only usb (sd card)

Hi,

Make sure the card does not have a switch on it that makes it read only. If it does

work it back and forth a few times.

Try the card on another computer. If same issue then it is going or has gone bad.

How to Disable Write Protection

How to Disable Write Protection

Write Protect and Disable USB Drive - reverse

How to Disable Write Access to USB Hard Disk & Flash Key Drives - Tech Journey

2 Free Tools to Write Protect USB Flash Drives from Registry

2 Free Tools to Write Protect USB Flash Drives from Registry

You can try reformatting it or even better repartitioning it. Sometimes it works.

How to partition an SD card/flash drive with DiskPart on Windows

http://workshop.botter.ventures/201...-sd-cardflash-drive-with-diskpart-on-windows/

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 27, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations

USB-C (or USB type C) is the physical plug form factor.
    USB 3.0 and 3.1 is the version of the USB specification that determines the data transfer speed and power specifics, most notably file bandwidth and how much power can be delivered.
    The two are not linked together, so you can have one without the other.
    USB-C vs. USB 3.1: Whats the difference? - ExtremeTech

spunk, Dec 27, 2017
  5. >The two are not linked together, so you can have one without the other.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I should have been more specific. The specs of my Lenovo P51 indicate
    • 4 USB 3.0, 1 Always-on and
    • Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3

Sooo...Are you saying in order for me to take full advantage of USB-C 3.1 I should be looking for USB-C 3.1 flash drives and connecting them to the Thunderbolt port and not to the USB 3.0 port? TIA.

phaedruspress, Dec 27, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    Here is documentation of USB specifications https://thunderbolttechnology.net/si...NBZ03_102f.pdf
    Thunderbolt 3 is the fastest transfer speed. If your video card has DisplayPort on it, you can get the highest resolution available. As well as data transfer from USB devices UP TO 40Gbps. Your laptop also has 4 USB 3.1 ports that transfer data at UP TO 10Gbps. The 3.1 USB ports are backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices. But Only the newest devices will transfer files UP TO 40Gbps

spunk, Dec 28, 2017
  7. Unfortunately the USB type C connector is being used for many different things aside from USB - see "alternate modes."

Thunderbolt uses the USB type-C connector but has nothing to do with the USB protocol. If you plug a USB device into the Thunderbolt-capable type-C port then the port will operate in USB-only mode. If you plug a Thunderbolt device into that port then it will operate in Thunderbolt mode.

The P51 has 4 USB 3.0 type-A ports and one USB 3.1 gen 2+Thunderbolt type-C port.

No reasonably-priced USB flash drive is going to come close to saturating even a USB 3.0 connection (10Gbps). So you would have no benefit to getting a type-C drive over a type-A drive.

PolarNettles, Dec 28, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Flash drives are very expensive for fast ones, and even then won't even tax a USB 3.0 port.
    A and C are the connecting socket type.
    USB is only as fast as the slowest device in the system.
    USB - Wikipedia

Helmut, Dec 28, 2017
  9. Depending on your definition of "USB flash drive" you can get external SSDs, like the Sandisk Extreme 900, that can push 800MB/s write speeds over USB 3.1 gen 2. They start at ~$250, which is a bit pricey in my opinion for just testing out your interface speed.

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations - Similar Threads - fastest write usb

2. USB flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive is write protected: So, I was installing windows xp on one old pc, and downloaded some drivers for it. In one of it was msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll. I decided to move all those drivers to my usb flash drive, cut - paste, but in the process I got bsod. Now USB flash drive have some errors what...
  3. USB Flash drives write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drives write protected: Recently my four USB flash drives were write protected by Windows 10 Pro. I am using a version 2004. How can I removed the write protection. I have tried the DISKPART, REGEDIT, search the net, but to no help. Can anyone help me on this please. [ATTACH] Thank you Ricky...
  4. USB flash drive write protected

USB flash drive write protected: I am trying to understand the programing of a USB Flash drive from the manufacturers. I understand the microcontrollers. I can understand PIC Erom type memory chips. I am unsure of how the program for the write protect is set from the computer into the microcontroller of the...
  5. Recommendations for USB Flash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for USB Flash: Hi all, I have been looking for a 8GB or 16GB or 32GB USB 3 flash drive to use for emergencies on my laptop or to reinstall Windows. However, looking at Amazon reviews makes me feel like major products from major brands all have their problems: Sandisk, Samsung, PNY,...
  6. Write Protected USB FLASH DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protected USB FLASH DRIVE: i have usb that i create write ptotection in my other pc and that pc is broken. how can i remove the write protection on this usb? a app or procedure you know that may help me. i have try hdd low level format app/usb flash drive format app nothing happen. i try cmd command...
  7. USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB Flash Drives Are Write Protected: Hello Everyone, This is a bout many years that I am not able to solve the "Write Protected" USB flash drive's problem however I searched a lot on google, studied many forums and tried different ways such as: editing windows registry, running diskpart commands and using some...
  8. USB Flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  9. USB Flash drive is write-protected

USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  10. USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

USB thumb flash drives are "write protected": Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fastest write usb c flash drives