Windows 10: Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer

Discus and support Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have four browsers on my desktop running Windows 10; the favicon for UBC Botanical Garden Forums displays in Firefox, Chrome and MSIE. It does not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wlcutler, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Wlcutler Win User

Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer

I have four browsers on my desktop running Windows 10; the favicon for UBC Botanical Garden Forums displays in Firefox, Chrome and MSIE. It does not display in Edge. That site gives me notifications on the favicon, so I want it to display. I have just installed Win 10/Edge on my laptop, and the favicon displays in Edge on that machine.

I have cleared browser history and cache at least 50 times, mostly several months ago, and then now when I have returned home to use my desktop. I have followed the instructions here How to Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser - All things technical - tips tricks on reinstalling the browser, though I think it just hid it and made it reappear.

I noted this advice on a forum software forum:
    I don't understand what this means. In Edge, when I type http://forums.botancalgarden.ca/favicon.ico into the url line, it downloads the image (to my downloads folder). There is no refreshing the path to the image where it will be accessed by the page.

I have searched my desktop for favicon.ico, but I have apparently nothing saved in a location that could be related to this site.

I believe the problem started when the site did not have a favicon. I was apparently the only user using the Edge browser during that time, as I seem to be the only person with the problem. It seems to me there must be a register setting that says "there is no favicon", and that setting needs to be removed. And it's only the Edge browser that works that way.

:)

Wlcutler, Jan 31, 2016
  2. BrucePyle Win User

No more website icons pinned to Start menu after 1511 build update

What was nice before updating to 1511 build was that website favicons would be displayed in the Start menu tile for the pinned site. It was fast and easy to scroll and find a site. After the upgrade to 1511, the menu tiles only show the icon for the browser
    - i.e. the standard Edge icon and the standard Chrome icon.

Anybody else notice this? Is there a way to get these favicons back to display in the menu tiles?

Not critical, but it was very convenient before the upgrade.

BrucePyle, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Hugo 12 Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Jan 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

I wonder if your desktop has simply not updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and Edge? You can check by typing winver in the search box. Here is mine:

Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer [​IMG]

If you are still on a previous ver like 1024 then an update might sort out the problem.

philc43, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Wlcutler Win User
    Nope, mine looks just like yours. 1511. Thanks, though.

Wlcutler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Favicon for one site will not display only in Edge only on my computer - Similar Threads - Favicon site display

2. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  3. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  4. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only recognizing one display: the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same one, if I only plug in the other it will work if I then add the second and restart it can't detect the first one anymore. Trying...
  5. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only recognizing one display: the displays work seapratly no mater the displayport they are plugged in on the graphics card. But together only one gets recognizedalwasy the same one, if I only plug in the other it will work if I then add the second and restart it can't detect the first one anymore. Trying...
  6. only recognizing one display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Spacebar on MSN site behaving weirdly in Edge and only in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spacebar on MSN site behaving weirdly in Edge and only in Edge: If I visit the default Edge home pagehttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us?ocid=winp1taskbarand click on a story, the spacebar takes me back to that page. In Edge, and only in Edge. In Chrome, Firefox, etc. it scrolls the page as expected.Changing the User-Agent makes no...
  8. Cannot display page -- Google sites only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot display page -- Google sites only: I have been using Chrome on my computer using Windows 10 for a long time and my computer was showing my Google suite as "offline" last week out of nowhere. I tried reinstalling Chrome, but Edge will not allow me to access any Google sites. I cannot access my gmail, google.com...
  9. microsoft only sees one of my computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft only sees one of my computers: So I have 2 computers and I can see them in my account settings. I already own minecraft. I am trying to download minecraft windows 10 but when I click instal, its only showing me one of my computers. Its not showing me the option to download it on my second computer....
  10. Ms Edge and favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge and favicons.: About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on. Henry 61284