Windows 10: Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

Discus and support Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites." In... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roving, Oct 13, 2015.

1. roving Win User

Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites."

In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear in both laptop and desktop files, just as they should, following their names on all computers.

These paths are from Laptop: Only the words "FAVORITES and Favorites Bar" appear from the Edge Hub, but no listings of them are available, and the bar shortcuts do not appear, however the complete lists appear following their names on the path shown below.
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites\Favorites Bar

These paths are from Desktop: These work perfectly with Edge, just as they do when I use IE 11 and Favorites bar appears as they should.
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites\Favorites bar
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites

The only difference I can see between them is the name of the User, which is different on each computer. Where have I gone wrong? I have identical paths on another identical laptop and the Favorites function as they should and the Favorites Bar appears across the top just as it should and does on the Desktop, and paths are the same except for its User's name. I have apparently missed something somewhere on one. Help and suggestions appreciated. I apologize for length, but needed to be clear.

:)

roving, Oct 13, 2015

2. How do you add a Favorites Folder to Edge Favorites Bar?

I have Windows 10 with the MS EDGE browser installed on both a PC and a laptop. I have imported my Favorites from my previous browser and they reside in a folder called "Old Favorites".

Somehow on the PC I was able to place that folder (or a shortcut) in the EDGE Favorites Bar. When I left-click on the folder icon in the favorites bar, it displays a listing of sub-folders in the Old Favorites folder directly below the icon in the Favorites
    Bar (left side of screen). Left-clicking on a sub-folder opens a listing of the saved web pages directly under the Star Symbol (right side of screen) as if the favorites had been displayed by left-clicking the Star Symbol. Left-clicking a saved web page
    opens that page. This works really well for me.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to duplicate this on my laptop. I simply don't remember how I did this on the PC. Oh, and the Old Favorites folder does NOT reside in the Favorites Bar folder - I tried that and it didn't work. I have also tried
    dragging and dropping but dragging to the Favorites Bar is not allowed.

Any I ideas how I can replicate this set-up on the laptop?

rickyradar, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Problems with Favorites Bar : Underneath the address bar is the following message"Add to the favorites bar by selecting (star) or by importing your favorites."

Underneath the address bar is the following message"Add to the favorites bar by selecting (star) or by importing your favorites." I can't get rid of it. Everything works fine except for this

OP - Problems with Favorites Bar

williamnelson111, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

1. Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop - Similar Threads - Favorites Bar don't

2. Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.: I realize this isn't Google, but Google seems to be out of suggestions.Was away from home for about 10 days, using my laptop Dell Inspiron 5000 series instead of my desktop Dell XPS8940. Both are running newly updated versions of Windows 11 beta. All that time I was unable to...
  3. Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.: I realize this isn't Google, but Google seems to be out of suggestions.Was away from home for about 10 days, using my laptop Dell Inspiron 5000 series instead of my desktop Dell XPS8940. Both are running newly updated versions of Windows 11 beta. All that time I was unable to...
  4. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  5. More than one Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    More than one Favorites Bar in Edge: Can I have more than one Favorites Bar in Edge? In Chrome there is an extension that allows to witch between 2 bookmark bars. Does Edge have an extension like that? 156986
  6. Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working: I have to restart Microsoft Edge just to get the arrow drop down, at the far right hand side of the favorites bar, to display other favorites. Can anyone Help?...
  7. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  8. Favorites Bar not working

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites Bar not working: trying to use the Edge browser for the first time well I tried to import stuff into my favorites bar it gives me the option to import from Google and I check it off then click import, it sat "done" as if it was successful, but it does NOT import anything, as a matter of...
  9. Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers suddenly not working, but headphones work fine.: I'm really baffled here as to what's going on with my laptop audio. It was working just a few days ago from what I remember and now tonight when I was playing a game in Steam the audio just wasn't working. Checked audio settings in the game, all was good. Turned the game off...
  10. Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine: I'm at my wits end. I took advantage of the Windows 10 update on my Samsung laptop several weeks ago, and everything went fine. I've been using it daily with no issues. So, when my wife asked if she should allow the update on her (identical) Samsung laptop, I said "sure"....