Windows 10: Favorites (from XP) need to be re-imported after update

Discus and support Favorites (from XP) need to be re-imported after update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 2 updates - No Joss Last update destroyed Netgear wireless driver and dropped all my favorites Update before that required me to reinstall W10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by INOV8TN, Nov 12, 2016.

1. INOV8TN Win User

Favorites (from XP) need to be re-imported after update

2 updates - No Joss

Last update destroyed Netgear wireless driver and dropped all my favorites

Update before that required me to reinstall W10 and re-import all my favorites

W10 update fro XP SP 3 was forced upon me and I don't have a recovery disk with a serial number. I hate flying blind.

:)

INOV8TN, Nov 12, 2016

2. Limited scrolling in Win 10 Edge

Corrected my scrolling problem by re-importing the favorites. No need to create a separate account or to copy files. As soon as I imported the Favorites, the full scrolling mechanism came back. Hope this helps.

Denis Bxxxx, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Observations after Win10 (1511 update)

Following observations for Win10 (1511 update) are meant to be constructive:

1. Windows icon in lower left quit working after logging in and out with different user profiles ... a restart fixed it.

2. Defined printer settings (named settings) disappeared after upgrade ... had to re-create.

3. There is a noticeable pause (about 10 seconds) after logging in (entering password) ... if logout and login with same user profile, pause is minimal. If login with another user on same computer, there is the long pause. Long pause also occurs if one
    logs in, and then switches to another user and then back to first user.

4. After logging in icons on Favorites bar in Edge have no color ... after about 5 minutes the color returns. Closing Edge and re-opening Edge did not fix ,,, nor did clearing browsing history, cookies and cached data. Have not observed this when opening
    IE session from within Edge.

5. Have not yet lost my imported Favorites in Edge from IE. This occurred every several days prior to the upgrade. A re-import fixes.

6. Some IE Favorites don't import. Have a number of Folders ... some folders import, others do not ... odd. Will try importing one of the multiple failed folders separately.

SteveSemaskoIII, Nov 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

XP and Vista were never in upgrade path for W10, only W7 and 8/8.1, how was it forced on you ?

CountMike, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Favorites (from XP) need to be re-imported after update - Similar Threads - Favorites need imported

2. Problem with Importing Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Importing Favorites: Against my whishes a new version of Chrome Edge was installed on my laptop #1. I just tried to import Favorites from laptop #2, using an exported HTML file. I go through the procedure and it reports that the import has completed, BUT, the favorites on laptop #1 have not...
  3. Import favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Import favorites: Windows wipe out my favorites some very important on April 15 I put my computer on and window change everything lost all my flies and word doc I did manage to retrieve my files and pictures I call Microsoft and was on hold over 1 hr and 15 mins. I hung up I need help...
  4. import favorites from another browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import favorites from another browser: How do I import favorites from another browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-favorites-from-another-browser/6d2cfefb-691b-4e2a-8899-8b7873e0b8fb
  5. importing Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing Favorites: I imported ‘Favorites’ from IE to Edge but they are not displaying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-favorites/d9960ff0-6ff1-4f92-bd07-26a6c066e796
  6. Organize imported favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    Organize imported favorites?: I've imported "Favorites" from Internet Explorer 11 to Edge sometime ago, and now whenever I clean install W10, Edge "remembers" my Favorites. Great! Love that. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any organization to them and in a lot of instances I've got double folders...
  7. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  8. Importing and Merging favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    Importing and Merging favorites?: Little over 6 weeks ago now, I knew I was heading towards a crash and that I would be reinstalling Windows 8.1 then re-upgrading to Windows 10. To be safe, I saved my favorites in IE 11 to a usb stick. Now, I'd like to import them back into the Edge, without loosing new...
  9. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...