Windows 10: Favorites icons changed to ie icons

Discus and support Favorites icons changed to ie icons in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Marsid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Marsid Win User

Favorites icons changed to ie icons

I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser .
    After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they used to be I would guess that it a change in registry might do it but would like a bit of help .

Regards

Sid

:)

Marsid, Feb 25, 2017
  2. mbfield Win User

How to enlarge Menu icons, namely file, edit, view, favorites, tools, & help and how to enlarge favorites in IE 11

Please advise how to enlarge the Menu icons, namely, File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, & Help

and how can I enlarge my list of favorites in IE 11. The font size for these icons and favorites is

in tiny print. However, below my toolbar the size of the body of IE 11 is perfect to view with a zoom at 150%. Before I downloaded IE 11, the Menu icons on IE 10 and my favorites were larger and easy to read. I don't want to make any other changes to my
    computer icon sizes other than the above correction. Please help.

mbfield, Feb 25, 2017
  3. How to enlarge Menu icons, namely file, edit, view, favorites, tools, & help and how to enlarge favorites in IE 11

Two changes to try. Either of these might change your screen enough that you can't live with it, but...

1. Right-click the Desktop> Display settings> Resolution> try changing resolution one step such as from 1366 x 768 to 1280 x 720. This will make everything larger.

2. Still in Display Settings> Change the size of text, apps, etc.. Custom scaling> try minor changes like 105%, 110%, etc.

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

If you have them synced, or recently imported/reinstalled without visiting the actual site, the default icons will be the browser icon as you describe. The only way I found to restore the icons is to open each one, and then they will reload, and the next time you close, and reopen the browser, the icons should be back to normal.

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 25, 2017
  5. Marsid Win User
    Thanks for reply but I have now found a way to get them back to normal . It involves Regedit as follows ;
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER> software>Microsoft>windows>currentversion>explorer>flexts . Search for .lnk and delete it .
    Restart PC and all back to normal .

Sid

Marsid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Favorites icons changed to ie icons

1. Favorites icons changed to ie icons - Similar Threads - Favorites icons changed

2. ICONS FOR FAVORITES

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICONS FOR FAVORITES: HOW TO CREATE A DESKTOP ICON FOR AN ITEM IN MY FAVORITES SITE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-for-favorites/440d59ae-15db-474c-8e01-6f6bfb7bf128
  3. favorites icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites icons: favorites icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-icons/e7d94e04-ef4b-4203-a93e-dc5f258e4960
  4. Darkened Icon for IE Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Darkened Icon for IE Browser: Hi: I think I must refresh the icon for Internet Explorer browser that appears in the taskbar. What I see is a box outline and a faint, very dark lowercase "e" in the taskbar. Not shown as a sky blue "e" with a gold ring orbit. It seems as if the contrast level has been...
  5. Favorite icons in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorite icons in Edge: I like the way that the list of internet favourites arranges itself in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge. Since the latest upgrade, 10586.3, some of the icons have started to grow. Pc World and Screwfix have grown to ten times their original size, and I have restored them...
  6. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  7. Edge Favorites Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Icons: In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ? 27520
  8. IE Edge icon - Location pls ?

in Browsers and Email
    IE Edge icon - Location pls ?: I have enabled "Quick Launch" function on my win10 machine just like in WIn7, but am unable to put "Default Edge" icon there. Leme post pics to explain better. [img] - Icon I want in Quick launch [img] - Icon I get by default (Last one) So how I can get the icon...
  9. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414
  10. Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows Internet Explorer saves your favorite sites into your Favorites folder by default. By default, your personal Favorites folder is located in your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. favorites icons changed to IE icons

2. bookmarks changed to icons