Windows 10: Favorites is Gone

Discus and support Favorites is Gone in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 without any hi-cup last week. I imported the favorites/bookmark from Chrome and organized them in the right category. Favorites... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jhwakw, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jhwakw Win User

Favorites is Gone

I installed Windows 10 without any hi-cup last week. I imported the favorites/bookmark from Chrome and organized them in the right category. Favorites bar shown and all, closed the Edge but when I open the Edge again, my Favorites is gone but the Favorites Bar is still there. Also I cannot put any new web sites into the folder either. Please help.

:)

jhwakw, Aug 3, 2015

2. After windows 10 update my favorites are gone

Original title: favorites gone

after windows 10 updated itself my favorites are gone, how do I get them back?

PatrickGallagher351, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Favorites gone

First look at where the OS is looking for Favorites and decide if that is the right place. Open shell:Favorites

You can type that in an IE Address bar but not in an Edge Search bar. Or just enter it in a Run... dialog (Win-R) or File Explorer Address bar (Win-E). If that's not where they should be you can use the Location tab for that folder (in Properties) to adjust
    it. Otherwise, supposedly for 30 days your old stuff may be available under Windows.Old.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Favorites is Gone

Same issue. It lets me save a site as a Favorite but:
    -it really doesn't save anything
    -nothin end up in the favorites folder
    -it wont let me ever see it again ; no list of favourites is ever displayed

I don't get it. Why have an option to save as Favorite if it can never be recalled????

All I can see is what I put on the Favorites Bar.

mediaman09, Aug 5, 2015
  5. torre Win User
  6. jhwakw Win User
    I still didn't get it after reading Brink's instruction. I cannot locate the Favorites Bar but is empty. I tried to import the favorites again from Chrome but the Favorites Bar never shows up in my Hub?

jhwakw, Aug 6, 2015
  7. The "bar", is yet another item hidden by default ; you need yo go to the Edge option )triple dots) , then to Settings, then turn the "Show the favortites bar" option .

The "hub" something else, its to show favorites, and the icon for it is to the right on the favorites star on the main ribbon menu

mediaman09, Aug 6, 2015
  8. jhwakw Win User

Favorites is Gone

Sorry I shouldn't say Favorites Bar which I do have by turning on via setting. What I have trouble with are:

1. Click on "hub", import favorites from Chrome. No problem importing the first time and can see all my favorites/bookmarks inside hub. I then organized all the favorites into different category with the "Favorites" shown inside hub. The "Favorites" icon is now gone.
    2. When I tried to save a web site using the "Star" icon under "Create in" folder, tried to type in the folder name but the Edge crashed when I start typing.

Should I re-download Edge? Don't want to reload Windows 10 though

jhwakw, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. jhwakw Win User
    Sorry, the favorite bar post does not help me. I still cannot get back to the organizing the favorites which I did when first imported from Chrome. Needless to say, I still cannot save a particular web site when I click the star button with "create in", shows blank when I try to type. I must mess up the registry somehow and don't know how to get it back. I wonder if I can download the Microsoft Edge again (where?)

jhwakw, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Favorites is Gone

1. Favorites is Gone - Similar Threads - Favorites Gone

2. Files, favorites, saved desktop, saved Word docs, downloads all gone after rebooting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files, favorites, saved desktop, saved Word docs, downloads all gone after rebooting...: Earlier today after my usual check of email, FB etc, , I attempted to put the laptop to sleep but the curser froze. After ten minutes of waiting for something to work, I shut the laptop down by pushing the power button. Upon restart hours later I find that my entire saved...
  3. Files, favorites, saved desktop, saved Word docs, downloads all gone after rebooting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files, favorites, saved desktop, saved Word docs, downloads all gone after rebooting...: Earlier today after my usual check of email, FB etc, , I attempted to put the laptop to sleep but the curser froze. After ten minutes of waiting for something to work, I shut the laptop down by pushing the power button. Upon restart hours later I find that my entire saved...
  4. Files, favorites, saved desktop, saved Word docs, downloads all gone after rebooting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. you updated my account to a new microsoft edge and now all my favorites and passwords are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you updated my account to a new microsoft edge and now all my favorites and passwords are gone: younupgraded my account and all favorites and passwords are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-updated-my-account-to-a-new-microsoft-edge-and/12af7a84-268c-44ce-896c-8b5844750862
  6. just uploaded windows 10 and all my favorites are gone. how do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    just uploaded windows 10 and all my favorites are gone. how do i get them back?: just uploaded windows 10 and all my favorites are gone. how do i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-uploaded-windows-10-and-all-my-favorites-are/38284af9-7d0a-4c0f-8077-b80a12c3e9fb
  7. my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!

in Windows 10 Customization
    my favorites bar is gone. I want it back!: My Favorites bar is gone I want it back! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/my-favorites-bar-is-gone-i-want-it-back/2dde125f-693f-4cc4-95b2-2a5aa7d8d26d
  8. favorites gone after update??

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites gone after update??: Where do my favorites go after windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/favorites-gone-after-update/3b88275e-de69-493f-84e8-30ba6c811f99
  9. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  10. Favorites gone invisible ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites gone invisible ie 11: Hello I have a strange problem on my pc My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain On my laptop it is working fine ?? I...