Windows 10: Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

Discus and support Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know everybody is switching to Edge, I'm not real crazy about it. My problem is with IE 11. When I add a link in "add to favorites" I can see it.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Total confusion, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

I know everybody is switching to Edge, I'm not real crazy about it. My problem is with IE 11. When I add a link in "add to favorites" I can see it. Once I close my desktop PC down for the night, the next time I open it those links are gone. I have checked the favorites folder in C:/users/username/favorites, all or at least most of them are gone. The folders I created are empty???? One or 2 might still be there, usually not. Any fix for this??? No point in saving a link if it's not going to be accessible the next time I need it.

:)

Total confusion, Sep 5, 2016
  2. kwiqkarl Win User

Favorites Disapeared after an update

My favorites disappeared after a Microsoft Update. There are only a few in Mozilla, none in IE 11 or Edge or Chrome. Microsoft keeps messing with the way I use my computer.

kwiqkarl, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Favorites and other things have disappeared on AOL

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As I understand you have downloaded AOL on Windows 10 and Favorites and other settings have been disappeared.

Are you able to find the favorites in Edge and Internet Explorer?

Check the favorites in C:\Users\username\Links.

For reference:

Use favorites to save websites you like:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Find missing favorites in File Explorer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-missing-favorites-in-file-explorer

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 5, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

try this one:

Click Start.
    Click Computer.
    Type %userprofile% into the Address bar.
    Press Enter on your keyboard.
    Right click the Favorites folder.
    Click Properties.
    Click Previous Versions.
    Wait for the list of previous versions to load.
    Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders.
    Click Restore.

batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Won't that make my Internet Explorer even more vulnerable, the previous one would be IE 10??? Not even sure if that works with windows 10??

Total confusion, Sep 6, 2016
  6. I just gave it a try and it says there are no previous version available??

Total confusion, Sep 6, 2016
  7. It happened again this morning and there weren't any updates performed on my PC at all yesterday. I was busy and it never got turned on. This morning I went to access one of my "Favorites" links and they are gone again. Is there a patch or fix for IE 11??, or is this their way of saying "use Edge"?

Total confusion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

1. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11 - Similar Threads - Favorites links keep

2. Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?: Pinned and favorited files kept disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites in recent update of Windows 10. Updated to Windows 11 and same problem remains.Pinning files to Quick Access is successful, then a day later the files are no longer in Quick Access. Same issue with...
  3. Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do pinned or favorited files keep disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites?: Pinned and favorited files kept disappearing from Quick Access and Favorites in recent update of Windows 10. Updated to Windows 11 and same problem remains.Pinning files to Quick Access is successful, then a day later the files are no longer in Quick Access. Same issue with...
  4. Favorites Disappearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites Disappearing in Explorer: Whenever I had a folder to favorites in explorer, it is gone the next time I reboot. I can’t find a solution from Microsoft or any other online source. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Shiftylee [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11: Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots: [img] [img] Henry PS No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens. 73232
  6. Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorite in IE 11.: Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot. Henry [img] 68657
  7. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?: I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these devices? I can't find a clear answer to this question. In Windows 7 I synced them by putting them in OneDrive. 57724
  8. Favorites gone invisible ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites gone invisible ie 11: Hello I have a strange problem on my pc My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain On my laptop it is working fine ?? I...
  9. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites icons changed to ie icons: I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they...
  10. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

2. favorites links on ie11 disappear

3. IE 11 Favorites URL changing to Unrated/ Disappearing