Windows 10: Fax Outbox problem

Discus and support Fax Outbox problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading our 15 business network computers to Windows 10, users can no longer view outgoing faxes (while they are being sent), and failed faxes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reelcrazy, Jul 30, 2016.

1. reelcrazy Win User

Fax Outbox problem

Since upgrading our 15 business network computers to Windows 10, users can no longer view outgoing faxes (while they are being sent), and failed faxes do not appear in outbox either. Even the outbox of the user that sent the fax is empty. The only way failed faxes can be seen is by logging into the fax server (running Server 2000) and viewing the fax manager. However, before all computers were upgraded, ones running Win7 could still see outbox faxes and failures.

This seems to not be affected by any permissions of any user groups since everybody has full fax control.
    All other fax functions are working normally and no different from prior to upgrade.
    I am at a loss as to how this can be solved and do not want a critical failed fax to be missed and not be able to troubleshoot it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

:)

reelcrazy, Jul 30, 2016

2. can i send a fax from my 5800 or any other Nokia phone ??

intersting.

well i just tried it with my fax at work. changed it to fax.. sent a text message to the fax number... all i got was a msg in my outbox that kept failing. let me know if you figure it out.

alexeiw123, Jul 30, 2016
  3. ptusby Win User
    E51 - Fax

Already tried, but my fax always stay in outbox and never be sent. No dial activity on my mobile.

ptusby, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Fax Outbox problem

How about putting a shortcut on the users desktop point to the Windows 2000 fax manager? If they have permissions then they should be able to do it from their desktop.

play2mefish, Jul 30, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Running Server 2000 with Windows 10 is the problem. You need to upgrade to at least Server 2012 r2 at this point. There are Linux Distros that will work in place of Windows Server and Windows Exchange. You would need to learn the differences to get used to working with a whole new server product.

Read this as to what you need to know about upgrading to Windows 10. 7 things small businesses need to know about Windows 10 | CIO

Zentyal & Nethserver are two that will work for the domain, mail and file sharing. You would need something like Centrify for GPO. All workstations have to be running the Pro or Enterprise edition of Windows 10.

bro67, Jul 30, 2016
  6. reelcrazy Win User
    Good idea play2mefish, I tried that, but I cannot create a shortcut to the specific fax server fax console, it instead defaults to the local "shared" fax consoles that still do not display the correct fax outbox.
    I know I should upgrade servers, but trying to work through it for now...
    Does anybody even use windows fax anymore? It has always worked for us...
    Thanks.

reelcrazy, Jul 30, 2016
  7. I did use windows fax server but it was Windows 2012 server and not 2000. You might be able to find a good Linux solution for a fax server and run it from an older computer that you have retired from daily service. That would be a great way to put something old to work again and would probably do it real nice. Anyway, hope the ideal helps.

play2mefish, Jul 31, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Fax Outbox problem

They cannot use anything older than maybe a Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core 2 Quad CPU for that group. For the size of the group and what they may be doing, they may want to use a i5 or i7 CPU, along with at least 16 to 24 gb RAM to properly handle that load.

The Linux distros I posted are a perfect replacement. I had one other that I found, but cannot remember the name, along with I may have accidentally tossed the DVD, because I had changed my mind on setting up a Domain setup for mine and my wife's laptops.

The only thing about coming from Microsoft Server to Linux Server, is the learning curve for some that may not know how to get it setup.

They can run the servers like mail and fax server under Docker, which is a very good Virtual platform that is not resource hungry like a lot of VM's.

bro67, Jul 31, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    That may not work, due to the changes that they did with Windows 10 to make older Server products of Microsoft to not be compatible.

I am all up to be part of a group to help reelcrazy if he wants to go this route.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fax Outbox problem

1. Fax Outbox problem - Similar Threads - Fax Outbox problem

2. Windows Fax and Scan - Windows 10, Outbox preview doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - Windows 10, Outbox preview doesn't work: So, interesting issue. Inherited an environment where a couple of departments share a Windows Server 2012 fax server. The workstations were all on Windows 7 but we've been migrating them to 10. After being upgraded to 10, you can see the failed, pending and in process items...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - Windows 10, Outbox preview doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - Windows 10, Outbox preview doesn't work: So, interesting issue. Inherited an environment where a couple of departments share a Windows Server 2012 fax server. The workstations were all on Windows 7 but we've been migrating them to 10. After being upgraded to 10, you can see the failed, pending and in process items...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - Windows 10, Outbox preview doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Fax problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fax problems: I cannot send or receive fax documents since downloading windows 10. what do I have to do to fix this problem? Id rather have my windows 7. Plus my apps have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-problems/0557bd71-ca73-4e89-8bd6-4424cbf80f0e
  6. fax problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fax problem: I have an Epson WF 2760 all in one which has been faxing perfectly. Today it cannot receive a fax and print it out giving an error message that communication error occurred. I have this machine >PC>phone recorder. I have not changed anything. Usually when we receive a fax I...
  7. Outbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outbox: How do I get to the out going mail box, I call it the outbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outbox/cb08fb00-778e-4ec2-8111-b3128e608509
  8. fax and scan problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fax and scan problems: when I scan 5 pages to email only one page is sent. But when I check scanned documents all 5 pages were scanned. This problem just started a month ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-problems/2381db90-9ba2-402b-af1a-e9e3a7cb169d
  9. Problem with fax driver

Problem with fax driver: I try to download a driver for the Epson Fax but keep getting an error message that I have a fax utility issue. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/problem-with-fax-driver/6c170980-1949-4b4b-ae4c-6cd0aa72f0ed
  10. Problem with fax

Problem with fax: I have Cyta DSL model and want to connect to it a HP Deskjet 4676 printer fax. How should i do it and how to connect the cables and what cables i must put to the wall plug? to have fax send from computer and printeritself? Explain me in details. 112980

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax outbox problem

2. eclinicalworks 10 fax outbox problem

3. how to fix fax server outbox connection

4. fax missing in outbox fax and scan