Windows 10: FAX send with Windows 10

Discus and support FAX send with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi: I recently upgraded from Win8.1. This is the first time that I am attempting to send a FAX with Win10. I have a two-sheet PDF document to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinceB, Dec 19, 2016.

1. VinceB Win User

FAX send with Windows 10

Hi:

I recently upgraded from Win8.1. This is the first time that I am attempting to send a FAX with Win10.

I have a two-sheet PDF document to send. I am getting an error message saying something about needing a FAX server ??

I have MS2003 Word, Apache Open Office, and Thunderbird email client, as well as Adobe Reader DC available.

Please advise.

TNX.

Regards,

:)

VinceB, Dec 19, 2016
  2. Maria&R Win User

Windows fax and scan

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 three weeks ago I cannot send a fax. Windows Fax and Scan shows on the desktop, I can receive faxes but not send them.

Maria&R, Dec 19, 2016
  3. TomFolchi Win User
    Windows 10 Fax and Scan

I activated the Fax and Scan feature in Windows 10 and purchased a modem. The modem is a HIRO H50113 and it is installed and it works perfectly for incoming and screening calls.

When I try to send a Fax using the Windows 10 Fax features, after filling out the form and attaching the document to be faxed I hit send. At that point the fax is placed in a pending mode where it sits. In order to send it I must disconnect the modem wait
    10 seconds then reattach it. Once the computer recognizes it the fax number is dialed and the document is sent.

Is there something or setting that I missed either in windows or on the modem

TomFolchi, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Win10Pro Win User

FAX send with Windows 10

Try this service - it's free of charge.
    Without a fax modem I'm afraid you won't be able to send your fax with Windows 10.

Win10Pro, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Could I also ask, does your printer have faxing capabilities. A lot of All in One devices print, scan, copy and fax. If this is the case you need to head to the print vendor site and download the appropriate software and drivers for your unit / OS.

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2016
  6. Win10Pro Win User
    VERY good point, I completely overlooked it - I can't remember the last time I sent a fax.

Win10Pro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FAX send with Windows 10

1. FAX send with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - FAX send

2. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  3. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  4. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  7. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  8. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  9. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Sending faxes using Windows 11.

Sending faxes using Windows 11.: Has anybody been able to configure Windows Fax and Scan, so that they can send faxes free using Microsoft 365 Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-faxes-using-windows-11/cf765444-fff9-4990-8499-703ea19a5828

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 recived fax not showing up

2. how to activite fax in windows 10

3. fax cant be sent because of an unexpected error

4. Windows fax cant be sent due to an unexpected error,
  5. alienware 15r3 has no modem to use with windows 10 fax and scan program,
  6. fax cant be sent due to unexpected error,
  7. with windows 10 how do you activate a fax when it says fax is off the hook,
  8. fax totally black page