Windows 10: fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

Discus and support fbl impressive code 10049 windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Oh, no, no, no, no . . . Sometimes the Lone Star is a very necessary part of testing, dontcha know!?! I was stationed in a little place called College... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Roger Win User

fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

I was stationed in a little place called College Station, 60 years ago, and long-neck Lone Star was 25 cents...
    and now.......................???

Roger, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

I haven't a clue. It's been about 45 years since I've had more than one or two alcoholic drinks per year. Even though sometimes Windows 10 sorely tempts me. *Smile

I think we're about two to three hours from College Station. Our daughter lived there about 30 years ago.

Wynona, Apr 1, 2015
  3. dencal Win User
    If you believe that altering the registry is helping M$ in the development of this O/S, then yes you really are living in cloud cuckoo land.

fbl impressive code 10049 windows update [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by

Is it not somewhat counterproductive to tweak unofficial mods and the registry.?

dencal, Apr 1, 2015
  4. fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

No, not if it improves my productivity. *Tongue

Honestly though, I think your getting all bent out of shape over nothing. IMHO that is. What's the big deal if somebody tweaks their system, people have been doing it since the first version of Windows or even DOS was released. Have a look through the tutorial section of this forum. Lots of unofficial tweaks in there. Where does it stop? Should I not be allowed to add my own themes, or fonts, or change my background color? A slight exaggeration, but only slight. *Wink

alphanumeric, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Well maybe. My VM install only took a hour. Now my physical machine took 4 hours to get to 21% when I went to bed. When I awoke 6 hours later the login screen was up on the screen.

orlbuckeye, Apr 1, 2015
  6. I've installed all the Win10 updates over my main Win8.1 with all its programs and stuff, and then over each other and have had NO problems at all. I think the days of clean installs are over! Thank goodness. There are better things to do in life than sit reinstalling all ones programs and their setups. Been there, done that, and I hope I never have to do it again.

Spartan is buggy, and my task-bar still doesn't autohide, but otherwise I'm tempted to use it daily.

Bob Frost[/QUOTE]

Yes Spartan is a little buggy but useable. The task bar titles are off center for me.

orlbuckeye, Apr 1, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I just want to add my 2 cents.... this is not the final release. This is not even close to RTM.. It is, at best, a senior alpha or junior beta.

What do you think the gurus in Redmond are doing? They're tweaking the guts out of this! Just like they should be. So are we. It's part of the testing and feedback. Some of the feedback resulting from insider tweaks has made it to the next build.

If MS was set against Tech Preview mods by Insiders, they would have deprecated Regedit! They expect us to look under the hood and experiment. They also expect some common sense from Insiders, as well as their own people.

I, for one, am having fun using what MS has provided and tinkering around.

All IMHO.... *Biggrin

f14tomcat, Apr 1, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Good for you, Buckeye. I'm glad you haven't had any problems.

Oh, yes, I agree that there are better things in life than a gazillion program installs; that's why I have a minimum of programs installed on my Windows 10 TP machine(s). Just a few betas I am checking out on both Windows 8.1 and 10 TP. Nothing like testing a beta on top of another beta! *Eek

Wynona, Apr 1, 2015
  9. dencal Win User
    Improves productivity ? this is after all not even in final release.
    Do show me where I have stated that people should not tweak their systems ? I have done a few myself.
    Read again my question, note it is a question not a statement.
    Originally Posted by

Is it not somewhat counterproductive to tweak unofficial mods and the registry.?

dencal, Apr 1, 2015
  10. Ok, *Confused I have no idea what point your trying to make? I must have completely misunderstood what you've been saying? If I can do something to make windows 10 easier for me to use I will. If it requires a reg edit so be it. For me that's no big deal.

alphanumeric, Apr 1, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    I also don't see the point of the argument. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 1, 2015
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    +1 *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Apr 1, 2015
  13. fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

Gary; I started two and half hours ago. now at 23% and I do have the six pack and a 14 oz. ribeye for the grill at noon and it will still be running when I am done.
    yesterday it took 7 hours on a laptop.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Apr 1, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo! *Party I've been known to tweak the registry a time or three, but mostly because someone here whose input I trust has explained to me what to do. That said, I generally don't tweak the registry on my own, but I don't have any problems with those who do tweak it. Nor do I have a problem with those who offer their expertise via "unofficial mods" and "registry tweaks" to Microsoft free of charge.

Wynona, Apr 1, 2015
  15. silv55 Win User
    Hi guys i have 2 apps on the Desktop korean Media Player after update to Build 10049?

silv55, Apr 1, 2015
Thema:

1. fbl impressive code 10049 windows update - Similar Threads - fbl impressive code

2. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  3. Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049: Hi All, After downloading Build 10049 through Windows Update, gets to installation process and get this error. Reverts back to 10041. Any ideas ? Jim 5058
  4. Trying to update from 10041 to 10049

Trying to update from 10041 to 10049: [img] Hello Everyone, i am trying to update to 10049, but i am being told i need 0.00 megs of space to do the updates. I have 14 Gigs of free space . i have rebooted several times, and remove unwanted apps Thanks in advance [img] [img] [img] 5194
  5. Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049): The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO. Running 10049 64BIT [img] 5474
  6. No Sound after Build 10049 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after Build 10049 Update: After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound. I had this problem with Build 10041 when it updated the audio drivers but at least I could roll back the drivers to something previous that...
  7. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  8. 10049 and VPN

in Windows 10 Support
    10049 and VPN: The new 10049 version will not let me install and run a VPN server. It is blocking the TAP driver need to run My Internet Access Server Since Microsoft is running a key logger on Windows 10 I suppose a VPN would not let them spy on all of us. How good or even crook is...
  9. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...
Tags: