Windows 10: FCC just tripled the number of US households without broadband

Discus and support FCC just tripled the number of US households without broadband in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; No, federal regulators didn't spend all night unplugging millions of home routers from the wall, cutting them off from the internet. But new rules... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 28, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

FCC just tripled the number of US households without broadband

Source

:)

labeeman, Jan 28, 2015
  2. szalas Win User

Lumia 920 display problem after Cyan upadte

Abi99 thanx for your response.

I do not have anything on the SIM tray but inside the SIM whole I've found: FCC ID: PYARM-821 is it the Nokia Product Code?

And Hardware Revision number: 6.5.0.2

And regarding the problem, my only solution is to use Nokia Software Recovery Tool? That's the only option for me? Not possible without hard reset and wiping everything from the phone?

szalas, Jan 28, 2015
  3. Grid mode without icons ?

For E63, is there any free theme or free application providing the phone main MENU (perhaps sub-menus, too) in grid mode but without icons (application name only) so that we could have triple number of menu-items on a single page? By using CarbideUI, can
    I make such theme ? Thank you.

dldldl---01, Jan 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Not sure internet companies will care... they'll just call it "broaderband" or "XFinity".

Mystere, Jan 29, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Some will the ones that get a subsidy and or grants for rural internet.

Source

labeeman, Jan 29, 2015
  6. New regulations = New pricing structure that consumers will be paying even more *Tongue

ThrashZone, Jan 29, 2015
  7. strollin Win User
    Dang it! Now I no longer have a broadband connection. Shh! Don't tell my employer. They currently pay $138/month for my 4MB connection so I can work from home.

strollin, Jan 29, 2015
  8. Tews Win User

What a scam! I get 170Mb for 75.00 per month! *Wink

9. labeeman Win User
    What a scam! I get 170Mb for 75.00 per month! *Wink Yep most internet connections are way over priced. The margins are so high that some company's are buying foreign outfits instead of improving things at home.

labeeman, Jan 29, 2015
  10. strollin Win User
    You guys obviously live in an urban or suburban area. Those of us that live in a rural area don't have much choice. I can't get DSL or cable where I live. Had satellite a few years back but it sucked. I have the choice of satellite, 4G, dialup or the Wireless service that I have. I use 4G as my backup. I can get much faster download speeds with 4G but then the amount of data I use would become an issue.

It's not a scam so much as the old law of supply and demand.

strollin, Jan 29, 2015
  11. gzt7d8 Win User
    That's exactly what I'm expecting my ISP provider to do is say they are using the increased prices to bolster the network to provide more "reliability" in delivering High Speed Internet!!!!

gzt7d8, Jan 29, 2015
  12. Mc Ruff Win User
    What sort of speeds are you getting on wireless? It is of interest to me as I am on a wireless connection as well.

Mine varies a bit but currently according to Ookla I am getting 13.08mbps down and 13.63 up

Mc Ruff, Jan 29, 2015
  13. groze Win User

It goes up too much, I will not use the internet. Food & groceries is more important to us. *Smile I will go back to snail mail for my bills and have my checking account statement mailed to me. I do like being on these forums though.

I thought the FCC was going to require the 3 mbps speed be required discount for those who have low income, disabled and or seniors. It instead of $39.95 economy service, it will cost $10.00 plus modem rental. I am currently on a special, which is only costing me $19.95 plus a modem fee.

groze, Jan 29, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    Personally, in the US, I think internet should be provided and regulated by the government. People would pay like $25.00 a month to supplement it. I think the internet has become almost a necessity in today's society. Bill paying, banking, paying taxes, etc., I think all schools should provide tablets for kids, their books be digital, and assignments posted online, etc.. If a child were sick, they could still get their assignments even at home.

When a society becomes so dependent on a technology it should not be privatized to profit a greedy corporation. Of course, I also think there should be National Health Care in the US. So, I doubt it will ever happen, the new American way is to be exploited.

Trust_No1, Jan 29, 2015
  15. msongs Win User
    agreed, internet should be a public utility and government jurisdictions should be able to offer internet connection services (competition!) . internet is not based on supply and demand, it is based on corporate greed and gouging.

msongs, Jan 29, 2015
Thema:

1. FCC just tripled the number of US households without broadband - Similar Threads - FCC tripled number

2. is this because there’s another pc in the household or?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is this because there’s another pc in the household or?: i did a speed test and i got 17 ping however i tried to play rainbow six seige and i disconnect everytime i tried to play is there a way i can fix this or?...
  3. Triple Press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple Press: When I press my www key wwhen I'm typing, I have to go back and adjust the ww keys that have randomly popped up. For example, I wwwould press the ww key once, and it would type it like 2 or 3 times. I press w and it just instantly becomes www...
  4. Bluetooth connecting to household devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth connecting to household devices: Bluetooth on my computer is connected to about 20 household devices that I don't necessarily want connected. Obviously, if I delete them on the Bluetooth and Devices page of Settings, they just come back. Is there a way to prevent the computer from connecting to these devices...
  5. Bluetooth connecting to household devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth connecting to household devices: Bluetooth on my computer is connected to about 20 household devices that I don't necessarily want connected. Obviously, if I delete them on the Bluetooth and Devices page of Settings, they just come back. Is there a way to prevent the computer from connecting to these devices...
  6. FCC App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FCC App: I need to download FCC FreeConferenceCall App and it won't download from app store. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fcc-app/7e0980b4-d552-41c7-a2ba-41afff727afd
  7. Broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadband: Broadband is ok in safe mode but slow in normal mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadband/6745881a-c3b5-4067-8668-268576418f02
  8. Triple Booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Triple Booting: Hi, just joined forum. I've been on vista and seven forums awhile. I have a PC with three drives. One has Vista (my favorite OS - I'm one of those retro types); the other two have seven. (all home premium). The original drive has seven HP 64, and the drive has a minor issue...
  9. Massive leak exposes data on 123 million US households

in Windows 10 News
    Massive leak exposes data on 123 million US households: The door to your personal data got left wide open once again. Researchers revealed Tuesday that earlier this year they discovered a massive database -- containing information on more than 123 million American households -- that was sitting unsecured on the internet....
  10. FCC proposing monthly broadband subsidies for low-income households

in Windows 10 News
    FCC proposing monthly broadband subsidies for low-income households: The FCC has fine-tuned its plan to offer broadband to the poor. The Federal Communications Commission will submit a proposal to approve a new broadband subsidy for low-income households across the country, a first in what the organization says is a program to narrow what...