Windows 10: FCU 1709 issue coming up

Discus and support FCU 1709 issue coming up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clintlgm, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Clintlgm Win User

FCU 1709 issue coming up

I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS
    I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5 because it contains 1,2,3, however windows report it can not install 4.5 because its part of the OS already.
    For those of us using gadgets this is a problem PC Meter, and core Temp will not work for CPU Meter or GPU Meter on my clean install. they are running on my upgraded computers however
    Tried to install runtime in compatible mode but no go so far.

:)

Clintlgm, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Wolfrs Win User

?? Class Action Lawsuit RE: Fall Creators 'update'

We use Provue's Panorama 6. FCU 1709 renders this database software unusable. We have rolled back to FCU 1703 but now have to delete the downloaded upgrade files from C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download every day. Turning of Windows Update services
    does not work.

Does anyone know what FCU 1709 disables that renders my database software unusable?

Wolfrs, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Fall Creators Update error on HDMI to TV

Up to date Windows !

No Updates on HP Support Assistant as well …

Each and everything on My PC is updated to date …

Still the problem persist …

Please HELP !!!

Windows 10 (1709) FCU

HP-15 Ay102ne

MusabAhmed7, Oct 23, 2017
  4. FCU 1709 issue coming up

FreeBooter, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Still no joy

FCU 1709 issue coming up [​IMG]

Clintlgm, Oct 23, 2017
  6. Open Control Panel --> Programs and Features ---> Turn Windows features on or off uncheck the check mark for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0), click OK button to uninstall NET Framework 3.5. After you have uninstall the NET Framework 3.5 reinstall NET Framework 3.5 by placing a check mark for NET Framework 3.5 from Turn Windows features on or off.

Also check for Windows update if there are any updates install all of them.

FreeBooter, Oct 23, 2017
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Yep that what I did to get the results pictured, it appears that runtime 1,2,3 are no longer supported. MY upgraded desktops are having no issue so it seems thisi will only come up is your Clean and clean install

Clintlgm, Oct 23, 2017
  8. FCU 1709 issue coming up

1. Insert your Windows 10 Installation DVD, or double click its Windows 10 ISO image, or insert your bootable flash drive with Windows 10, depending on what you have.

2. Open 'This PC' in File Explorer and note the drive letter of the installation media you have inserted.

3. Now open an elevated command prompt and type the following command:

Code: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /SourceFCU 1709 issue coming up :D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess[/quote] Replace D: with your drive letter for Windows 10 installation media.

This will install .NET framework 3.5 in Windows 10.

FreeBooter, Oct 23, 2017
  9. hawkman Win User
    Hi Clint,
    if that fails can you post the cbs log.
    all error codes starting 0x800f are generated there.

Roy

hawkman, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Clintlgm Win User
    Replace D: with your drive letter for Windows 10 installation media.

This will install .NET framework 3.5 in Windows 10.[/quote] Thank you freebooter the dism trick worked, my CPU Gadget is giving me temps again.

Clintlgm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

FCU 1709 issue coming up

1. FCU 1709 issue coming up - Similar Threads - FCU 1709 issue

2. Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?: Hello everyone. So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 latest update to fall creators update 1709 by reinstalling it. The reason is that after many updates i observed my CPU and RAM are throttled to work slower possible by so known Meltdown and Spectre "vulnerabilities''...
  3. FCU upgrade Unusual Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU upgrade Unusual Issue: This morning I am still unable to get a complete working install of the FCU upgrade. The install has completed, I get to the place where you Put in your password for my Local Account, the screen comes up that more updates need to be installed and that process continues then...
  4. When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709): As the title says. Just curious. Are they released monthly? Currently on FCU latest build 16299.19 96911
  5. FCU messed up apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FCU messed up apps: After the FCU, a clean install, 90% of the tiles in the start menu have a downward arrow on them. When you highlight them they all say the same thing....."A great App is on it's way". What gives? [img] 95712
  6. FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons: Windows updates started, downloaded and installed FCU 1709. Installed ok but on clicking start, none of the pinned programs are there or in the A-Z list. Have they been deleted? Or still there, so need to create a shortcut to them, how to get icons back? How to get...
  7. NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update: The troubleshooter suggest I download the Microsoft HD Audio driver, but I have not been successful. Currently I have realtek speakers, so I attempted to look for updated drivers again unsuccessful. 99052
  8. Win 10 FCU shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 FCU shutdown issue: Does win 10 FCU shutdown in a different manner as compared to previous ones? Because both of my PCs, one with a HDD and another with SSD is shutting down slowly after the updates. Please share your opinions 101063
  9. PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install: Hi, I had installed my new i9-7980/Asus Rampage VI platform on Win 10 1703 and had no issues. When I did a clean install of Win10 1709, I can't get the PC to go in hibernate mode anymore. The PC "tries" (the screen goes black), but after a few seconds it just comes up...
  10. Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??: I updated to 1709 (FCU) and my fonts have become small. How do i fix this? 98575