Windows 10: FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime.

Discus and support FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, first i hope i'am creating the thread in the right section. So, i used the microsoft update tool to get to FCU a few days ago. But todays,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wootwoots, Oct 26, 2017.

1. wootwoots Win User

FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime.

Hello, first i hope i'am creating the thread in the right section.

So, i used the microsoft update tool to get to FCU a few days ago.

But todays, i noticed ( after quite many hours without any reboot ) that MsMpEng.exe was using more than 2go ram...
    After a reboot, it take like 38mo which is nothing, but the memory usage keep increase.. ( i rebooted there is like 30min ago, and now its at 100mo.. )

things like real time protection and so are off, actualy in the windefender options only the firewall are on... Defender seems also up to date.

I actualy dont know what to do...

Any idea to solve that ?

thanks !

:)

wootwoots, Oct 26, 2017

2. Service Host: local system memory leak, stopping user manager service resets it but it returns slowly

Windows 10. The memory leak continuously increases the RAM usage, ive seen 4gb so far. I stopped all the contained services one by one and the User Manager one reset the memory usage to 7mb but it gradually increases again once it restarts. Anyone know
    of a fix for this?

nutty-apprentice, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 High Memory usage

I have posted before but never really got a conclusive answer. Only when I use utorrent I am experiencing growing and increasing memory usage over time, from 2Gb of 16Gb to 6Gb after 2-3 hours to a total freeze on the PC after 5-6 Hours. Could it be Windows
    Defender, it's usage seems to be increasing?

While I am posting, another question. When use DISM, where are the source files in WIN 10?

PC is Intel i7-4790, MSI Gaming 7 Mobo, Geforce GTX760, 16Gb od DDR3

Glenmorangie, Oct 26, 2017
  4. FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime.

Have you disabled realtime protection to solve this problem or did it occur afterwards?
    It might be a sign of malware infection. You should use AV, installing one should disable WD.

The Best Free Antivirus Protection of 2017 | PCMag.com

As for a memory leak, CleanMem Free should help, if installing other AV does not.

TairikuOkami, Oct 26, 2017
  5. wootwoots Win User
    the real time protection is off since a while now.
    i've runned a malwarebyte, nothing.

the memory usage increase is only with window defender.

Sure i can try install AVG, but isnt any solution for win defender ? never had that issue before, and i guess its clearly nor normal ^^

Going to give a try with cleanmem

wootwoots, Oct 26, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Oct 26, 2017
  7. wootwoots Win User
    Well nothing was working, so i finaly did a fresh fall creator install ( and that wasnt a that bad thing tho, never re-installed win10 since the first release )
    Now everything is fine.

Guess the update kinda fked my system ^^

Even if that's not really solved ( in a situation where windefender keep eat memory ) , i will mark as if.. ^^
    thanks for the answer.

wootwoots, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime.

1. FCU - Windows Defender memory usage increase overtime. - Similar Threads - FCU Defender memory

2. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  3. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  4. System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.: Hi,I am facing a strange problem. After the system is restarted the memory usage is 10-15%.After sometimes the usage gradually goes up to near 100%...I am using windows 10.The windows machine is running under proxmox virtual machine.I give it 24 gb memory. I cannot find any...
  5. Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch: Hi,We have a .Net Application which suddenly started taking about 10G to 14GB of Memory when run on Windows 10 1909 machine with KB5001337 Patch applied to it.. On uninstalling this package, we get the Memory usage by this application back to nominal amount 100...
  6. BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing: I have a Vivobook S14 with it being up to date to Windows. I installed a third party program which tracks memory and cleans it. Whenever I check it, virtual memory usage always starts to slowly increase. Once it reaches 98%,simple programs like Google Chrome start to fail,...
  7. High Usage Memory Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Usage Memory Windows Defender: Anyone know why my Antimalware Service Executable is high memory usage ? The idle is 300MB+ and if i use the pc it become 400 - 500MB, My windows version is 1909 and always update the windows defender [ATTACH]...
  8. High Memory Usage From Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Memory Usage From Windows Defender: [ATTACH] So for a while now "Antimalware service executable" which is Windows Defender Antivirus has been using randomly large amounts of memory all the time, and it kills me playing games like Modern Warfare as I only have 8GB of ram and I need every mb I can take. I've...
  9. Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage: Hi, I have an issue with my clean 1809 install (and also it happened before the clean install, and i decided to try a clean one due to it). After a few minutes, the Windows Explorer process starts increasing its memory usage and also CPU is around 10%; i'm up to 2gb usage...
  10. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...