Windows 10: • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems

Discus and support • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer keeps telling me I have an update which requires a restart. It is listed as • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. (Is this what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David49, Feb 15, 2017.

1. David49 Win User

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems

My computer keeps telling me I have an update which requires a restart. It is listed as • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. (Is this what they are calling the "anniversary update"?) I don't know which build/version I currently have. The problem is, I have tried to let it update quite a few times, but it fails due to one or more components not able to be configured. This has been going on for many months now. Currently I have the "delay updates" checked so I do not have to let it try again. I keep hoping Microsoft would eventually have a fix for this, but so far I don't see one.

Any idea what I can to get the feature update to install?

:)

David49, Feb 15, 2017

2. WINDOWS UPDATE

HOW TO RESOLVE "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. "WHEN IT WAS 100% DOWNLOAD Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

Cendra Angkasa Paksi, Feb 15, 2017
  3. KERNELBASE.DLL Error

Hi, the latest Windows update has solved this problem. The update was Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607.

JenniferVH, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Voodoo 01 Win User

to find out the version that you currently have:

-right click on the start button
    -go to "Run"
    -type "winver" (no quotemarks) and hit [enter]

If I could provide any advice before installing a feature update;
    it would be to update your drivers (special attention on Graphics and Chipset drivers)

Voodoo 01, Feb 15, 2017
  5. David49 Win User
    Thanks. Build 10240. I have been installing all other updates But I won't let the 1607 Build try install again. So, I am pretty sure all drivers are up to dates.

David49, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes, 1607 is the Anniversary Update. You obviously have Pro, the option to defer updates isn't available in Home. The bad news is that the option in Pro only delays the update, it's not possible to defer a features update once it is released on the Current Branch for Business. 1607 is now on CBB so it will try again I'm afraid.

The Anniversary Update is actually an upgrade to a new version of Windows. It's a full install process. Remove any unnecessary USB devices, sometimes these can cause the upgrade to fail.

Some have found that where the automatic windows update has failed, they can successfully upgrade by downloading the install media and manually upgrading. You can download the .iso or make a USB using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. If you choose the .iso, mount it by double-clicking on it in File Explorer. Use File explorer to start the Setup from within Windows to begin the upgrade.
    Windows 10 ISO Download

7. Bree New Member
    Unfortunately, build 10240 reaches end of life on 26th March. There will be no more updates for it after that date.
    No more updates to original Win 10 version 1507/10240 after 26 March?

8. David49 Win User

Thanks for the info. I have tried to download and install the update manually. It fails at the same point. So far, the Start Button gives me several options to the Power option. I can choose the install shutdown/reboot, or just reboot/shutdown only. Also I only have wireless USB keyboard and mouse. Not going to be able to disconnect those. I believe this is a rather common problem a lot of people are having. That's why I was hoping Microsoft would figure out a fix for this component configuration problem. I wonder why they don't just give me the option to ignore the component config problem, and update anyway. That way I could see what I need to configure myself afterwards.
    As a side note: I also noticed several updates for Windows failed to install as well. I tried downloading those and manually trying to install them myself. But I get the message that my computer does not need those updates. They are not for my machine, which I find bizarre.

David49, Feb 15, 2017
  9. David49 Win User
    David49, Feb 15, 2017
  10. Kari Win User
    Before going shopping, try to upgrade with a Windows 10 ISO image. First, download the ISO as told in Option One in this tutorial: Windows 10 ISO Download

When done, double click the ISO image file to mount it on your system as a virtual DVD drive. Open the virtual drive in File Explorer, double click Setup.exe file to start the in-place upgrade installation. Follow the instructions shown on screen.

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems [​IMG]

11. Bree New Member
    @David49, if you update your system specs maybe there are known issues for your make/model that we can help with. There are a lot of different 'HP Omni 27' models.

12. DavidY Win User
    This is about someone getting the same error (I assume) in Windows 8.1, but the first step of looking at setupact.log (and I guess setuperr.log) to see which component generates the error looks like a valid suggestion in this case:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/fri...-to-windows-8/

Setupact.log It might be in a different folder in Win10 though?

DavidY, Feb 15, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

No, Windows 10 Setup uses the same C:\$Windows.~BT folder. You may need to turn on 'show hidden files' in File Explorer to see it.

14. David49 Win User
    I would love to, but I don't know where to find all that information.

David49, Feb 15, 2017
  15. David49 Win User
    No results when searching for this folder

David49, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems - Similar Threads - • Feature update

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) Three days ago my desktop tried to update 1607 3 times. Each time on reboot it says failed to update and reverts. Each day it tries again at shutdown. Yesterday my second(son's) computer...
  3. 1607 Feature Update failed

1607 Feature Update failed: After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff

Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff: Feature update just became available today for us. Out of 4 laptops its failed on 4. W10 1507 education has been running for a few weeks. Updates to 1507 were working fine. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000FFFF: Feature...
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204: The issue in short is in the title. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204 The update does not seems to install. Any fix to this issue? *Sad 58637
  6. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  7. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607: Failed to install, I have tried several times , but each time msg appears failed to update, and system undoes changes . First time for me this ( several occasions over the years have led to me needing to reinstall updates, but this one is pretty unforgiving ) I need...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - WHY 3+ GIGS?

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - WHY 3+ GIGS?: Hey, ??? I'm just getting a Windows update now (ca. 10:13 AM Brisbane Australia) - my laptop screen suddenly went black and when things reappeared, previously-open windows were misaligned and differently sized. The Windows Settings box which had been showing downloads...
  9. Auto update Windows 10, version 1607; Major Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto update Windows 10, version 1607; Major Problems: Hello everyone I just woke up to a Windows 10, version 1607 update and a lot of my stuff has been changed. For instance I had the arrows removed from the shortcuts on my desktop icons, but now they are back. I had used this method: Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove,...
  10. Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607: [img] [img] After applying this update I found a number of problems. The most disturbing was that all restore points had been deleted and that system protection had been turned off. I also found that Microsoft Games for Windows 8 v1.2 no longer worked, not even after a...