Windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install

Discus and support Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello people, I m using windows 10 pro and i m unable to install windows 10 creator update version 1703 since its release daily its start downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by i1yas, Apr 27, 2017.

1. i1yas Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install

Hello people,
    I m using windows 10 pro and i m unable to install windows 10 creator update version 1703 since its release daily its start downloading itself and at the end it says update failed to install i lost too much data i m fearing about cost now.*Sad
    One thing i remember is power failure while downloading update.mostly i don't take cares about update its works in background but i was feeling too slow browsing etc.I m attaching images bellow.

:)

i1yas, Apr 27, 2017

2. Creators Update, update fails for the 1703 and 1709 since August 2017.

After reviewing my update log, I have notice my computer has been attempting to update since August of 2017:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703

Failed to install on 8/9/2017

Then this was the last attempt for 1703:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703

Failed to install on 9/23/2017

Now it is failing to install 1709 since December 2017 and running the update process at will.

My current version is 1607 Build 14393.2035

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time,

Frank Hazelton

FrankHazelton, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 fails to install after multiple attemps.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 fails to install after multiple attempts.

MICHELLEFREILINGER, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install

Hi i1yas. Welcome to the TenForums @i1yas

First off I would recommend you run the Update Trouble Shooter.

Windows key + S, search bar appears, type troubleshooting into search bar, troubleshooting appears at top. Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click. Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”. Should run clean. If not run again.

Next I would navigate to the Media Creator Tool and follow the directions to create a USB key, I think you will need and 8GB key, it very well will work with a 4GB key but they seem to be adding more versions.

Backup your personal data off machine.

Insert key, navigate to key and run setup. This will do an in-place upgrade. It should not impact your data. You still want to have a back up because as we all know, things happen.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2017
  5. Greetings,I have a dial boot system with both boot disks running Win 10 Pro. Boot options are:

$0$Sys$Win10
    $1$Sys$Win10
    I use the "$n$" prefix to designate the physical disk on my system. (It's a hold over from OpenVMS' Allocation Class Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install :)) Each partition/volume also has the allocation class as the volume label, example: $1$Disk$Data is a data partition on physical disk 1.
    After the initial installation pass and the subsequent reboot request, two new boot options are inserted into my boot record:
    Windows 10
    Windows_Setup
    $0$Sys$Win10
    $1$Sys$Win10
    $0$Sys$Win10 is my primary boot device and is also the default boot device with a 30 second timeout to change my boot device if I so choose. The timeout has been removed with this reboot phase - not a problem however, I cannot get the update to proceed to completion.
    I've selected $0$Sys$Win10 over 10 times and all that happens is the system says Restarting and returns to the boot prompts. Same if I select Windows 10. When I select Windows_Setup the boot process continues with "Restoring Previous Version of Windows". Which does give me my previous Windows installation without any problems.

MDSBigPaPa, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Hi MDSBigPaPa

Could I please ask you to start a new thread with your issue. This thread is marked closed and as such is not reviewed as closely as others.

You should be able to do a simple cut and paste.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install

1. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install - Similar Threads - Feature update version

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install: Split from this thread. I have the same issue, have tried everything that the original poster tried, then tried your BCD fix above. Rebooted PC, downloaded the 22H2 update again, it went through the whole long process, told me to reboot and came up with "failed to install"...
  3. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Hello, When I was checking for updates in settings it gave me Feature update for windows 10 version 22h2 and then it started downloading and it was installing it then it asked me to restart the pc then i restarted my pc it shows installing updates it reaches 5% but it...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Hello, When I was checking for updates in settings it gave me Feature update for windows 10 version 22h2 and then it started downloading and it was installing it then it asked me to restart the pc then i restarted my pc it shows installing updates it reaches 5% but it...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Failed to install

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Failed to install: I tried more than once to update my device but I get a error message when I get a percentage of update 52% error code from the windows update (Last failed install attempt on ‏03/‏05/‏2019 - 0xc1900101) also i got same error from windows10upgraderApp any help?...
  7. update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed

update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed: I literally only just realized that my HP Pavilion 10 laptop is really behind on updates and when I try to update to a newer version of Windows 10, I have tried updating through my laptop's "Window's update" feature in the settings and it comes up with "Feature update to...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 Failing at 32%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 Failing at 32%: so just like the creators update which ive previously not had any success installing. i gave up and went about my daily use of my computer. now the feature update 1703 is being forced upon me and have no way of holding it off.. it to is also failing at 32% just like i had...
  9. Failed to update error trying to install update version 1703

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to update error trying to install update version 1703: So my problem here is that the check for updates say that my computer is up to date but when ı go into the update history I can see around 15 failed updates trying to install 1703. So I run the troubleshooter for updates and it says that there are updates pending and that...
  10. Update to version 1703 failing

Update to version 1703 failing: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation Error code 0x8007002C - 0x4000D Had this before on another computer, which got fixed by uninstalling antivirus, firewall and messing with a few reg keys. That didn't work on this...