Windows 10: Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback

Discus and support Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to have broken the Feedback Hub - I can't log any feedback ( I just get circling dots which never end). [img] This is on a PC where I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidY, Dec 30, 2017.

1. DavidY Win User

Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback

I seem to have broken the Feedback Hub - I can't log any feedback ( I just get circling dots which never end).

Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback [​IMG]

This is on a PC where I've just clean-installed 1709 in the last few days. The problem happens on all accounts on the machine (one local, one local admin, one MS Account admin).

Other aspects of the Hub (eg. displaying news on latest Insider builds) seem to work OK, but I can't log anything.

So far I've tried
    • Going to the list of All Apps in Settings, selecting Advanced Options for the app and then Reset
    • Uninstalling the app using Powershell (using this Tutorial) and re-installing
    • Using the Store Apps Troubleshooter

Incidentally the thing I was trying to log was high CPU usage by Desktop Windows Manager - not sure if it could be related or indicative of another problem?

Any ideas on what I can try next?

:)

DavidY, Dec 30, 2017
  2. Bookshesi Win User

How to Fix Feedback Hub freeze after install of Windows 10 Creators build 15063?

I just did an In-Place Upgrade, still getting the rotating dots circle of death. I think the Feedback Hub is just broken, poorly supported.

Bookshesi, Dec 30, 2017
  3. DavidY65 Win User
    Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0 won't let me log Feedback - infinite circling dots

For some reason I can no longer log feedback in the Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0.

When I try to Add Feedback, I just get circling dots which circle forever.

However the Feedback Hub app itself had seemed to open correctly and for instance seems to behave correctly when showing news items on the content of the latest Insider build.

I've seen the same behaviour on

• A 32-bit machine where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • A 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • The same 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (this time setup with a MS account which is an Insider and I've used to log several items of feedback with this account)
    • A 64-bit machine running version 1703, but where it has been updated to the latest version of the Feedback Hub app.
    Edited to add: all 4 machines are running Windows 10 Pro.

As I've seen it on different machines and different MS Accounts, including freshly clean-installed machines where I've done nothing except try to open the hub, this would suggest it's not an issue with the configuration of the machine or the accounts I'm
    using.

Obviously I'd normally log this type of thing using the Feedback Hub itself , but ....

DavidY65, Dec 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can try
    *Arrow Feedback Hub
    here:
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

( see instructions at start of section)

I had this happen with 1703- started working with 1709. I don't think I seriously tried fixing it...

dalchina, Jan 1, 2018
  5. DavidY Win User
    Thanks dalchina

I've given it a try (both the Option 1 (All Apps) and Option 2 (for the specific Feedback apps)) but it doesn't seem to have changed it.

The curious thing is the app itself opens fine (I think that Tutorial is more looking at the cases where an app won't open at all) and I can look at some screens within Feedback, but I can't log any new feedback.

My suspicion is that I may have corrupted it by trying to use it from a local account and then sign in (at app level) to my MS account, although it does seem odd that it's affected all users. But I don't know how to clear out whatever data that's corrupted. Sadly another clean install probably isn't an option until my next holiday, because there's a lot to backup/ install/ configure/ restore on this computer.

DavidY, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi, David. Did you clean install signing in with the MSA? What's Devices tab looking like in your online MSA? Does your new system show up there? Are all your old entries deleted? Is the new system registered as a trusted device? I forget where that shows up in the Settings app. Once registered, it disappears.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...trusted-device

Tony K, Jan 1, 2018
  7. DavidY Win User
    Thanks Hippsie,

I've given it a go, but it doesn't seem to have help.

I've also clean-installed a 1709 VM, on a totally separate host machine, and tried it from there - still circling dots. I've also tried it across a couple of MS accounts now. And a machine with 1703 (but the latest Store apps so same version of the Feedback Hub) also doesn't work. So I don't think it's the machine (as I've seen the same error on 2 physical and 1 virtual machines).

I assume that the Add Feedback works for other people? I've tried to update to the latest version of the store app - looks like it's version 1.1708.2831.0.

DavidY, Jan 1, 2018
  8. Tony K Win User

You're welcome, David. Please call me tony if you'd like.

That the same version of Hub on my 1709 with all the latest updates. Are your 1709 OS builds 16299.125?

Strange it's not working for you across multiple devices with different accounts. Are you using a VPN by any chance? Any masking of any kind? Are these systems on a local network? Trying to find what they all have in common.

Tony K, Jan 1, 2018
  9. DavidY Win User
    Thanks Tony,

Yes all on the same network, but I have just tried one of those portable WiFi gizmos which I use sometimes when travelling and switched off my main WiFi. Same result on the portable WiFi which is on a different ISP, so moving to a different network doesn't seem to help.

I haven't got the machines in front of me but I know at least one was as up to date as it would go with "Check for Updates".

Incidentally, according to this Tutorial, I should be able to log Feedback without being logged in, so the MS Account shouldn't matter?
    (Although it might be that the functionality has changed since the Tutorial was written?)

DavidY, Jan 1, 2018
  10. Tony K Win User
    Something has got to be blocking that app obviously. This has got me stumped. *Confused

Like I said, there's got to be something in common that's doing it. Are they on a home network as in communicating with each other?

Tony K, Jan 1, 2018
  11. DavidY Win User
    I found another VM which I haven't used for a while, which has Windows 10 Home and Feedback Hub version 1.1612.10312.0.

And this one works! I used the Winkey+F keyboard combination and it created a new feedback item which I could add comments to and Submit.

You may be able to find it from the version no. ("1.1708.2831.0") if you search for that?

I should perhaps have mentioned that my failing machines are all running W10 Pro - perhaps that's a factor?

But the fact that I seemingly *can* log Feedback from a VM running an older version of the Hub app suggests it's not an ISP blocking issue. (That and the fact I still get the problem over my WiFi gizmo.)

I'm still stumped though - everything I can test here points to the app itself being flaky in the newer versions, but then why does it work for others?

Incidentally I started a thread over on Microsoft Answers as well:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-bf3cf28ef950

DavidY, Jan 1, 2018
  12. dalchina New Member
    Settings does offer this if you dig a bit from the Apps & Features list

Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 1, 2018
  13. Tony K Win User

Hmm. Interesting.

Yes, you proved it's not the network or ISP with the wireless adaptor. I have same Hub version and 10 Pro so that's not it.

How about my home network file sharing? Just a hunch.

I see dalchina just posted something that hopefully will work. Never knew that was there as an app. Never had to look for it. Thanks. *Smile

Tony K, Jan 1, 2018
  14. dalchina New Member
    Yep, you learn sthg every day if you go poking around in odd corners... just not necessarily anything you really wanted to know..*chuckle

dalchina, Jan 1, 2018
  15. DavidY Win User
    You mean the Reset option?
    Thanks for the idea - unfortunately I've already tried that and it doesn't seem to help.

DavidY, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Feedback Hub broken: unending circling dots when I try to log feedback - Similar Threads - Feedback Hub broken

2. Feedback Hub cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub cannot log in: After pressing the sign in button, the pop-up dialog does not appear, or appears very briefly a few frames before closing itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-cannot-log-in/79cfc2eb-9a65-4454-a621-529713dde2db
  3. Feedback Hub cannot log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub cannot log in: After pressing the sign in button, the pop-up dialog does not appear, or appears very briefly a few frames before closing itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-cannot-log-in/79cfc2eb-9a65-4454-a621-529713dde2db
  4. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  5. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  6. Feedback hub feedback is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback hub feedback is missing: The picture says it all. The app says i provided feedback 3 times, and yet i can not see any of it in the list, or find them through a search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-feedback-is-missing/45a62d75-ad88-406b-93db-a9a222d68647
  7. Feedback hub feedback is missing

Feedback hub feedback is missing: The picture says it all. The app says i provided feedback 3 times, and yet i can not see any of it in the list, or find them through a search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-feedback-is-missing/45a62d75-ad88-406b-93db-a9a222d68647
  8. Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feedback Hub?: Feedback Hub? Right of the clock. lower right corner there is symbol. Notifications. Notices do appear. On Sept. 9, 2020 a Notice appeared. I checked Out the Notice. What appeared. Feedback Hub "Windows recently updated your device. How satisfied are your with the...
  9. Feedback hub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feedback hub: Hello everyone. There is a big problem with feedback hub in Windows 10. As we know, Duo to prohibitions of USA, some of windows features like store is blocked for users if thy set their location to Iran or North korea but if we set our location to countries out of these...
  10. Feedback Hub

Feedback Hub: I have a grip of file folders and files in the feedback hub. I upgraded to Windows 10 months back but have had continuous problems with connected devices, drivers, etc. So the files in the feedback hub were created within the last couple of months. Can I delete all these...